Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 26, 2024, 11:55:31 pm

Author Topic: What if you don't get an offer from a University?  (Read 758 times)  Share 

DarkSIdous140

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
What if you don't get an offer from a University?
« on: December 18, 2019, 11:30:35 am »
What if you don't get an offer by 2:00 pm today? Can you still apply regardless if you have been offered or not?

ian3150

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: What if you don't get an offer from a University?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 12:32:50 pm »
I hear only a limited number of offers are released in December, with many more coming in Jan/Feb rounds. And yes, you can still apply to whatever course you want, however, I'd recommend first taking a look at the clearly-in ATAR for the particular course at that particular uni. Eg. no point applying for law at monash, for instance, if one has a 80 ATAR as the clearly-in is around 98 I believe. (unless you have adjustment factors like SEAs ofc). Anyway, hope this helps and good luck! Remember there's many pathways to getting into your desired course:)
2019 ATAR: 99.90| UCAT: 90th
2020: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @Monash Uni

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 12:36:36 pm »
If you don’t get an offer today, you still have a good chance at getting one in January & some chance with later offers. However if you don’t get one today I’d consider adding a course to your preferences that you can easily get in to (if there isn’t already one) & allows a pathway into the course you want (eg a diploma).
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 12:50:20 pm »
I hear only a limited number of offers are released in December, with many more coming in Jan/Feb rounds. And yes, you can still apply to whatever course you want, however, I'd recommend first taking a look at the clearly-in ATAR for the particular course at that particular uni. Eg. no point applying for law at monash, for instance, if one has a 80 ATAR as the clearly-in is around 98 I believe. (unless you have adjustment factors like SEAs ofc). Anyway, hope this helps and good luck! Remember there's many pathways to getting into your desired course:)
Not all courses are providing December round offers and if you took something other than VCE or QCE, you won’t be getting a VTAC offer until January 2020.

Clearly-in ATAR is the old term, as it changed with the Class of 2018’s first year uni students. The current term is selection rank, which is your ATAR + any adjustments (either by SEAS or otherwise), if you have any. I’d be looking at either the median selection rank (where available) or lowest selection rank (less trustworthy, but still an approximation).
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread