Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 10:07:05 am

Author Topic: Depressed about chemistry mark  (Read 898 times)  Share 

Failingvce

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
Depressed about chemistry mark
« on: March 24, 2020, 10:18:44 pm »
so, just recently I received my first chemistry SAC mark for which I got around 50 percent. Obviously I am devastated as mostly everyone in my class got higher. The worst thing is that the SAC wasn't even that difficult and it was my own silly mistakes and under preparation that landed me this mark. What I want to know is if I can recover from this mark and still receive a study score in the 40s if I really pull my rank and average up because no matter how well I do on my other SACS for unit 3, my average is still ruined.

advice welcome,
2020 subjects:
3/4 English - 3/4 Methods- 3/4 chemistry- 3/4 Biology- 3/4 psychology

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Re: Depressed about chemistry mark
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 11:16:53 pm »
+3
so, just recently I received my first chemistry SAC mark for which I got around 50 percent. Obviously I am devastated as mostly everyone in my class got higher. The worst thing is that the SAC wasn't even that difficult and it was my own silly mistakes and under preparation that landed me this mark. What I want to know is if I can recover from this mark and still receive a study score in the 40s if I really pull my rank and average up because no matter how well I do on my other SACS for unit 3, my average is still ruined.

advice welcome,
You can still do well, but you gotta get good scores from now onwards. Doing bad in one SAC does not totally ruin you, but it can bring down your final study score. My advice is to see where you are going wrong and work your way up from here. Trust me I know people who did bad I previous years and still can make a comeback. Have you tried tutoring? Maybe that might work.

colline

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ♡ 2 Timothy 1:7 ♡
  • Respect: +512
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 02:38:05 pm »
+2
Hey!

It is definitely possible for you to do well - after all, it's only the first SAC and you are not expected to be anywhere near exam-ready at this time of the year. The fact that you've identified your weaknesses and that it was due to careless mistakes rather than not actually understanding the content shows you'll be able to do much better on the next one!

On my first chemistry SAC I got less than 50% and was ranked at the very bottom of my cohort, and I ended up getting a 40 raw in the end.

By the way, IIRC the first chem SAC is only worth 8% of your final study score, not to mention both Unit 4 and the exam weighs more than unit 3, so you still stand a very strong chance!

Good luck!! xx

VCE: Literature [50] Methods [50] Further [48] Chemistry [40] Biology [33]
2022: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Economics) @ ANU

Failingvce

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 02:51:41 pm »
thanks for the advice!!!  :)
2020 subjects:
3/4 English - 3/4 Methods- 3/4 chemistry- 3/4 Biology- 3/4 psychology