Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 29, 2024, 03:51:07 pm

Author Topic: Honour Roll 2020  (Read 1572 times)

AR1472

• Forum Regular
Honour Roll 2020
« on: January 01, 2021, 06:17:54 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place for this but, my parents went out yesterday to buy one of the newspapers with the honour roll in it. However, they couldn't find it and assumed it would be out today. Turns out my friends found it in yesterday's paper, so my dad called in to the different newspaper agencies and they all either ran out or seemed to have chucked out the remainders this morning.

My parents are pretty mad at me for not insisting it was in yesterday's paper. Is there a way to get a copy of yesterday's paper? Would they be printing out results for multiple days or would it have just been in yesterday's?

Thanks

dedformed

• Trendsetter
  • Don't be upsetti. Eat some spaghetti.
Re: Honour Roll 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 06:31:46 pm »
not sure about physical copies but have you checked this out? : https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/vce-2020-student-honour-roll-20201217-p56odu.html
Lying in a Hammock at William Duffy's Farm in Pine Island, Minnesota
VCE 2021 - ATAR 98.85
my vce journal!

offering tutoring for English Language 3&4;)

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 06:32:32 pm »
Is there a way to get a copy of yesterday's paper?
You could try local businesses and newsagents, or someone with a subscription to The Age or Herald Sun. Given that yesterday was New Year's Eve, lots of small local businesses would've been closed but received a newspaper if they have a subscription. You might even be able to find a newsagents that was closed yesterday that has a copy for you to purchase.

Otherwise, I usually find that the local council library used to carry recent papers, pre-COVID, that you could read but not take.   

Would they be printing out results for multiple days or would it have just been in yesterday's?
Unfortunately, it's usually just in the newspaper one day per year.

You can alternatively try the digital versions of the honour roll e.g. The Age's one is  here, I think. Not quite the same thing as seeing it in print on a page, but you can always screenshot and print as a last resort.

Note: Beaten by dedformed, but posting anyway.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

AR1472

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 06:33:30 pm »
not sure about physical copies but have you checked this out? : https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/vce-2020-student-honour-roll-20201217-p56odu.html

ah yup I have thank you! My parents just really wanted a hard copy

AR1472

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 06:34:48 pm »
You could try local businesses and newsagents, or someone with a subscription to The Age or Herald Sun. Given that yesterday was New Year's Eve, lots of small local businesses would've been closed but received a newspaper if they have a subscription. You might even be able to find a newsagents that was closed yesterday that has a copy for you to purchase.

Otherwise, I usually find that the local council library used to carry recent papers, pre-COVID, that you could read but not take.   
 Unfortunately, it's usually just in the newspaper one day per year.

You can alternatively try the digital versions of the honour roll e.g. The Age's one is  here, I think. Not quite the same thing as seeing it in print on a page, but you can always screenshot and print as a last resort.

Note: Beaten by dedformed, but posting anyway.

Awesome thank you so much, I'll have a look around!