Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 03, 2026, 05:49:49 am

Author Topic: 2010 EXAM THOUGHTS  (Read 79838 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

hs

  • Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Respect: 0
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2010, 08:31:23 am »
0
so would have matrix and flatter structure been ok? and then chose flatter overall.

what would 52/65 get as an actual score?

flash36

  • Guest
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2010, 08:57:56 am »
0
I'm not sure you can talk about a specific structure (matrix) and compare it to a style of structure (flatter). But I could be wrong.

Albeno69

  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • ****
  • Posts: 746
  • Respect: +2
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2010, 09:15:38 am »
0
For two management functions, i wrote establish a rewards system & some further training. close to the mark?
If roles were included in the question, i would have included POLC but it wasnt. really the only question, along with the next one which ties in with it; that had me absolutely stumped.  :-\


Not even close I'm afraid
and The problem is... is that if you messed up the management functions and did not dicuss one of operations, hr, r+d, finance or marketing, the KPI question (the next one)... you would also lose 4 marks for...

i wrote to make a profit and to have high quality had no idea what question was asking

luken93

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3060
  • Respect: +114
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2010, 09:25:53 am »
0
I said productivity and Better Retention Levels...

How strict do you think they'll be for the Selection Process
It didn't even cross my mind the selection steps, so I put:
- Selection Criteria blah blah
- Screening blah blah
- Short List blah blah
- Interview/Testing
and the end result would be the 3 successful graduates?

It sort of sounds similar to a selection process, but it wasn't exactly set out like steps, more like a discussion haha

I doubt it'd be worth 5 marks, but hopefully it's at least 3...
2010: Business Management [47]
2011: English [44]   |   Chemistry [45]  |   Methods [44]   |   Specialist [42]   |   MUEP Chemistry [5.0]   |   ATAR: 99.60
UMAT: 69 | 56 | 82 | = [69 / 98th Percentile]
2012: MBBS I @ Monash

gs

  • Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • **
  • Posts: 119
  • Respect: +5
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2010, 09:56:20 am »
0
and The problem is... is that if you messed up the management functions and did not dicuss one of operations, hr, r+d, finance or marketing, the KPI question (the next one)... you would also lose 4 marks for...

I discussed a performance indicator in the second part for two bullshit strategies, that hopefully can get me 2 marks.
Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Business
'VU Achievement Scholarship' recipient

gold104

  • Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • **
  • Posts: 92
  • Respect: +1
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2010, 10:02:41 am »
0
I said productivity and Better Retention Levels...

How strict do you think they'll be for the Selection Process
It didn't even cross my mind the selection steps, so I put:
- Selection Criteria blah blah
- Screening blah blah
- Short List blah blah
- Interview/Testing
and the end result would be the 3 successful graduates?

It sort of sounds similar to a selection process, but it wasn't exactly set out like steps, more like a discussion haha

I doubt it'd be worth 5 marks, but hopefully it's at least 3...

If you did it in order and explained the steps well you should 3-5 marks? Only thing you couldve added was perhaps backround checks/consulting referees. I didnt number or dot point mind either.

luken93

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3060
  • Respect: +114
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2010, 10:04:17 am »
0
Yeh I forgot all about the process, so just thought up a logical approach to selection...
2010: Business Management [47]
2011: English [44]   |   Chemistry [45]  |   Methods [44]   |   Specialist [42]   |   MUEP Chemistry [5.0]   |   ATAR: 99.60
UMAT: 69 | 56 | 82 | = [69 / 98th Percentile]
2012: MBBS I @ Monash

flash36

  • Guest
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2010, 10:07:04 am »
0
I said productivity and Better Retention Levels...

How strict do you think they'll be for the Selection Process
It didn't even cross my mind the selection steps, so I put:
- Selection Criteria blah blah
- Screening blah blah
- Short List blah blah
- Interview/Testing
and the end result would be the 3 successful graduates?

It sort of sounds similar to a selection process, but it wasn't exactly set out like steps, more like a discussion haha

I doubt it'd be worth 5 marks, but hopefully it's at least 3...

I just talked about the 5 stages; shortlisting, interviewing, background checks, testing, and advising of the outcome.

accaz

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Respect: 0
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2010, 10:07:44 am »
0
could u say improved corporate culture... ' willingness to achieve' as an indicator?

_avO

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1915
  • Respect: +15
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2010, 10:12:56 am »
0
could u say improved corporate culture... ' willingness to achieve' as an indicator?
Could have easily turned that into reduced staff turnover, its gotta be a quantitative/qualitative measure and can somehow 'be' measured
2011-2014: Bachelor of Commerce/Economics @ Monash Clayton

_avO

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1915
  • Respect: +15
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2010, 10:18:27 am »
0
On that note, what were some of the outputs people wrote for the charity?
2011-2014: Bachelor of Commerce/Economics @ Monash Clayton

accaz

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Respect: 0
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2010, 10:19:59 am »
0
could net profit be another one? as they are all working together to reach a goal.. in turn net profit will increase ( quantitative)

_avO

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1915
  • Respect: +15
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2010, 10:21:45 am »
0
Yep profit was one that I wrote, as well as customer satisfation levels
2011-2014: Bachelor of Commerce/Economics @ Monash Clayton

rafito.

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 23
  • Respect: +1
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #178 on: November 13, 2010, 10:23:54 am »
0
For the structures, I just used a Vertical specialisation structure and a horizontal specialisation structure? They are the only structures used in our textbook so I guess it had to be right.

And for the management style, I'm sure you could have used any style as long as your backed up your reasoning to why it would be useful to use that style.

accaz

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Respect: 0
Re: WHAT. A. SHIT. EXAM
« Reply #179 on: November 13, 2010, 10:28:15 am »
0
for that social responsibility question..
basically i said

Two operation management strategies were Quality and Technology

and explained both.. then said how it is not ethical for an organisation to identify a defect in the product and sell it to a customer knowing..


then i said the benefits were

it attracts employers of choice- as it allows the organisation to get the best candidates, as they would want to work for an organsisation that displays these ethical and social behaviours, and makes them feel proud.

attracts customers, as they would support that organisation over a similar organisation as they display these behaviours

indirectly leads to greater profit as it is a non for profit, but the society awarness leads to more customers+ shareholders = profit

??