Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 01:33:59 am

Author Topic: Media Influences  (Read 1178 times)  Share 

SilverBullet

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Media Influences
« on: November 08, 2007, 09:18:00 pm »
Where do you think subliminal messages would fall? As in what communication mondel?
"And I made that connection between hard work and results, performance. I kept pushing myself seeing how far I could improve myself, and knew if I worked hard I would improve." Nathan Buckley

To sort out the confusion: I'm a girl!

principe

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Media Influences
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 11:14:55 pm »
I think Cultivation, because it doesn't have a direct effect, but rather influences them eventually.

ezflow

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Media Influences
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 11:08:50 am »
I think you could put it in any "top-down" theory, because it shows how the media has a direct influence on the audience. I think it works in the cultivation theory, as principe said, but it would also work within the Social Learning or the Agenda Setting (personally, I think the Agenda Setting is the best one to use, because that is really the reason they use subliminal messaging. They are trying to subconsciously set an agenda. YVAN EHT NIOJ!!!!). Maybe it wouldn't be so appropriate for the Dependency theory, because you'd usually use that one when the audience are fully conscious of what they are watching (but choose to absorb more and more because they are dependent on it), whereas subliminal messaging is... subliminal.