Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 09:20:51 am

Author Topic: Pathway to Genius dodginess: Not so 'genius' posting from the same IP...  (Read 28802 times)  Share 

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
So like, does that mean we all got scammed? Or are the lectures still on?
P2G.. too good to be true indeed..

I would say that in all probability, the lectures are indeed running. They may even be good. But their business practices are disgusting and it wouldn't surprise me if you got short-changed on the lectures as well. You have to ask yourself if you want to monetarily support people who lie and manipulate to sell their product.

Bozo

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +3
What do you guys think though about attending their lecture if you bought a ticket. I mean, I called them up before I paid and it seemed generally convincing. Does anyone here know a Linda Harvey from MACROB? Apparently she's taking the lecture for chemistry.

Damn, I don't know what to do now.

But enwiabe, thanks for exposing them. At least now I can reconsider.

Christiano

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Why, Hello There
  • Respect: +12
The cynical minds of today are tomorrow's future  ;D

Good work enwiabe, now I'm really questioning whether to go to their chemistry lecture.

Is it just me, or have the testimonials on the ptg site been taken down?
2010: Legal Studies [34]
2011: English [41] Italian [27], Further Mathematics [32], Biology[40], Chemistry[34]
90.65 ATAR
2012: Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Finance @ La Trobe University

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
The cynical minds of today are tomorrow's future  ;D

Good work enwiabe, now I'm really questioning whether to go to their chemistry lecture.

They have been removed. Interesting, eh? :)

Jacko

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
One of their psych teachers that they mentioned doing it teaches at my school.

Drunk

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +3
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2012
The cynical minds of today are tomorrow's future  ;D

I can vouch for Douchy for bio, seeing as he endorsed it on his own podcast, so seeing as he'll be there, then the other lecturers should still be on too
2013 - Bachelor of Commerce/Law @ Monash University

Ghost!

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Year 12, What up.
  • Respect: +42
One of their psych teachers that they mentioned doing it teaches at my school.

Do you know anything about his/her reputation? I realise it isn't a class you take, but maybe you know something from around the school.
2011 - English, English Language, Philosophy, Indonesian SL, Outdoor and Environmental Studies.

“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”
― Hunter S. Thompson

Thu Thu Train

• Voted AN's sexiest member 2012
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • <3
  • Respect: +336
        (
     '( '
    "'  //}
   ( ''"
   _||__ ____ ____ ____
  (o)___)}___}}___}}___}   
  'U'0 0  0 0  0 0  0 0    0 0
BBSN14

i actually almost wish i was a monash student.

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
Would anybody happen to have a screenshot of the testimonials? -_- I've seen the ACCC fine companies for less than this

This situation makes me so much more paranoid..
I tried to pay online, but it didn't work. I have this nasty feeling they could of saved my dad's credit card information, please tell me this isn't true? I called 'MARK' and he said I could pay at the door and I was on the list. I'm just being paranoid about the credit card thing am I? It's really weird how when we tried to pay online from 3 different computers (1 from my dad's office) it didn't go through, and Mark told us that this never happened before.

All you have to do is query the credit card charge (if they do indeed charge it without your permission) and generally the banks will decide in the customer's favour (i.e. return the funds).
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

Thu Thu Train

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • <3
DISREGARD THIS I CANT GOOGLE.
        (
     '( '
    "'  //}
   ( ''"
   _||__ ____ ____ ____
  (o)___)}___}}___}}___}   
BBSN14

shinny

• VN MVP 2010
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +256
  • School Grad Year: 2008
The work that I did with Pathway to genius was fun and most importantly I went from getting C's in Chemistry to getting an A+ in the mid semester exam" - Richard, Scotch College

I ended up getting a 92 enter score despite expecting to get in the 70's because of of my experience with Pathway. They make the course easy to understand and cover everything in great detail. There were no surpriseson the exams!" - Esther Humphrey Mount Erin College (Class of '10)

Source: Google Cache

I love you Google Cache.

EDIT: Make sure you screen cap it while it's still in cache ninwa!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:16:26 pm by shinny »
MBBS (hons) - Monash University

YR11 '07: Biology 49
YR12 '08: Chemistry 47; Spesh 41; Methods 49; Business Management 50; English 43

ENTER: 99.70

Jacko

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
@Ghost
I really like her, shes the teacher in charge of the sport I do, really nice, and I think most people reckon shes a good teacher.

Thu Thu Train

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • <3
Just saw shinny's post but heres a screenshot anyway. Google cache doesn't last forever.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:21:17 pm by comeatmebrah »
        (
     '( '
    "'  //}
   ( ''"
   _||__ ____ ____ ____
  (o)___)}___}}___}}___}   
BBSN14

shinny

• VN MVP 2010
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +256
  • School Grad Year: 2008
The quality of their lecturers and possibly even content isn't at dispute here; just their integrity really. However, that in itself has the potential to put the former at dispute I guess - but I really doubt it will so there's not much point doing background checks on the lecturers and such.

And honestly, all these VN busts over the years really makes you think about how much information is available on the internet :o So many trails.
MBBS (hons) - Monash University

YR11 '07: Biology 49
YR12 '08: Chemistry 47; Spesh 41; Methods 49; Business Management 50; English 43

ENTER: 99.70

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
I don't understand why, if they have such brilliant teachers as Douchy, they feel the need to lie?

Usually I'd let it go, but at the expo they were overheard at the TSFX stall, telling TSFX they were planning to destroy TSFX's business...

Healthy competition
___________________________________ line

Douchebaggery  <--- P2G is here
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]