Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 11, 2026, 08:31:47 am

Author Topic: How'd you guys go?  (Read 9196 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

you0006

  • Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • **
  • Posts: 101
How'd you guys go?
« on: June 15, 2011, 02:56:39 pm »
I luved it! Beautiful exam, question 4...did not do

How about you?

The Full House

  • Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 31
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 03:12:01 pm »
I'm really upset about question 4... I think the difficulty range of the questions were insane. From question 1of the multiple choice to question 4 in the short answer...

I think some parts were great. But on the whole I'm disappointed in my performance.. A lot of multiple choices were guesses for me=l

dking123

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 23
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 03:16:37 pm »
i stuffed up 4 multiple choices and lost around 3 marks for sa
such a sad day
not happy with the performance

chemkid_23

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 318
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:38:04 pm »
wasnt's the hardest exam, but it wasn't the easiest.
Guessed a couple of multi choice, and that qs4 omg, that stupid 45ml 10% of and 3 5mL put me off.
All you had to do was get the mol of the precipitate and divide by 2.
But everything else seemed fine, hopefully scrape an A at the minimum.

thatricksta

  • Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • **
  • Posts: 149
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 03:49:57 pm »
i felt the exam was way too easy...
i forgot to half the mol in question 4 and ended up with double the percentage.. possibly the only marks i lost. =/
Methods, Specialist, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, English.

mattshen

  • Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • **
  • Posts: 188
  • School: MHS
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 03:51:38 pm »
i forgot to half the mol in question 4 and ended up with double the percentage.. possibly the only marks i lost. =/
LOL same i ended up with like 147% which is like wtf =="

chemkid_23

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 318
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 03:55:58 pm »
that qs 4 is the one that is going to separate most from high A+ to lower A+ i reckon.
Cut off anyone? I think 86-88%

costa94

  • Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • **
  • Posts: 102
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 03:58:33 pm »
i forgot to half the mol in question 4 and ended up with double the percentage.. possibly the only marks i lost. =/
LOL same i ended up with like 147% which is like wtf =="

considering it was 36% you got 4x what you were meant to.

mattshen

  • Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • **
  • Posts: 188
  • School: MHS
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 04:00:48 pm »
i forgot to half the mol in question 4 and ended up with double the percentage.. possibly the only marks i lost. =/
LOL same i ended up with like 147% which is like wtf =="
considering it was 36% you got 4x what you were meant to.
LOL true that...

Water

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1136
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 04:02:36 pm »
FUCKEN GOT THE ESPRESSO QUESTION WRONNNNGGGG.
About Philosophy

When I see a youth thus engaged,—the study appears to me to be in character, and becoming a man of liberal education, and him who neglects philosophy I regard as an inferior man, who will never aspire to anything great or noble. But if I see him continuing the study in later life, and not leaving off, I should like to beat him - Callicle

chemkid_23

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 318
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 04:03:27 pm »
how?

Water

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1136
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 04:04:50 pm »
I said, espresso coffee sample, cudn't be determined because of impurities . And for the 2nd one, Distillation. Lost 2 marks right there.




Banana OIl, SAID IT WAS A FUCKEN CARBOXYLIC ACID. FML!,
About Philosophy

When I see a youth thus engaged,—the study appears to me to be in character, and becoming a man of liberal education, and him who neglects philosophy I regard as an inferior man, who will never aspire to anything great or noble. But if I see him continuing the study in later life, and not leaving off, I should like to beat him - Callicle

linda94

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 04:05:24 pm »
I reckon I did pretty good. This was alot easier than last year's one.
2010: Furthers [39]
2011: English | Psych | Chem | Food Tech | Methods

http://www.lindtran.blogspot.com

chemkid_23

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 318
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 04:08:31 pm »
wasn't it just because it was extrapolated, and then u just dilute it....
ok im worried bout that qs now

linda94

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: How'd you guys go?
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 04:47:40 pm »
Hey I wrote the same thing.
The peak for caffeine was off the scale hence why it needs
to be dilutes to bring it into range..
2010: Furthers [39]
2011: English | Psych | Chem | Food Tech | Methods

http://www.lindtran.blogspot.com