Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 01:45:18 am

Author Topic: Psych U4 Q's Thread!  (Read 34088 times)  Share 

playsimme

Re: Psych U4 Q's Thread!
« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2011, 09:57:45 pm »
They're the exact same thing - only use the term response cost. Negative punishment is just another confusing term which means the exact same thing. VCAA uses response cost so best to use response cost

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • Respect: +62
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2011, 09:59:16 pm »
ok. this is really frustrating me! what on earth is the difference between a response cost and a negative punishment? They both remove something to decrease the likelihood of a response, then why do they have difference terms?

Response cost and negative punishment are basically the removal of a stimulus that weakens a behaviour.
I havn't seen though anything in regards to separating them other than certain questions.
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

pas0005

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #212 on: November 04, 2011, 10:07:08 pm »
thanks. I'm very, very nervous for this exam. wasn't it you "camo" who said that this was one of the hardest exams for psychology that the examiner had seen?

playsimme

« Reply #213 on: November 04, 2011, 10:11:39 pm »
i don't understand how he could know - the exam is not seen by a teacher or examiner until 30 minutes after we first sit it, so no, nobody actually knows unless they wrote it, which they wouldnt be communicating to us at all

Camo

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #214 on: November 04, 2011, 10:16:13 pm »
thanks. I'm very, very nervous for this exam. wasn't it you "camo" who said that this was one of the hardest exams for psychology that the examiner had seen?

i don't understand how he could know - the exam is not seen by a teacher or examiner until 30 minutes after we first sit it, so no, nobody actually knows unless they wrote it, which they wouldnt be communicating to us at all

Reference to mid-year. He assumed that the end of year would be a lot easier.
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

REBORN

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #215 on: November 04, 2011, 10:17:41 pm »
It's bound to be easier. If the section C wasn't a 4/15 question the cut off would have been 77.
Doctor of Medicine

Camo

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2011, 10:19:28 pm »
Now that I look back at it, the extended response seems like an ambiguous prompt for English (that I had done little preparation for).
- William James.

mjwalka

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
  • School: McKinnon Secondary College
« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2011, 10:25:37 pm »
Yeah the recently spoke to the chief assessor roger edwards, and he told me to always use response cost, it is the same thing as negative punishment. So i'd go with that.
2010 - Geography [42]
2011 - English (30+), Maths Methods CAS (35+), Psychology (45+), Physical Education (45+), Biology (35+)
AIM - 90.00+
2012 - Monash Physio (Hopefully)

jwongton

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #218 on: November 04, 2011, 11:22:46 pm »
in the notes by roger edwards, it only mentions response cost, not negative punishment, so i guess that should be right.

mjwalka

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #219 on: November 04, 2011, 11:27:50 pm »
in the notes by roger edwards, it only mentions response cost, not negative punishment, so i guess that should be right.
hah, so i see roger has been getting around lolol
2010 - Geography [42]
2011 - English (30+), Maths Methods CAS (35+), Psychology (45+), Physical Education (45+), Biology (35+)
AIM - 90.00+

jwongton

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #220 on: November 04, 2011, 11:39:43 pm »

LOL yeah our school (with our money) paid him to come talk to us
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:41:22 pm by jwongton »

playsimme

« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2011, 11:47:20 pm »

Did he help? Any tips? Lol.. any predictions on the exam? hehe..

mjwalka

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #222 on: November 04, 2011, 11:55:55 pm »

Did he help? Any tips? Lol.. any predictions on the exam? hehe..

Remember the examiner and assessor are too completely different groups of people. The exam was written it about March or something from the examiners, but the Roger is the head of marking, like he writes the Assessment report, so he would have the same idea that your teachers should have on whats on the exam, except he also is the one who determines whats right/wrong etc.
2010 - Geography [42]
AIM - 90.00+

playsimme

« Reply #223 on: November 04, 2011, 11:57:32 pm »
Oh, so he writes the assessment report? You shoulda dissed his pathetic excuse of an assessment report which clarified nothing for me..  :\

mjwalka

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #224 on: November 05, 2011, 12:00:52 am »
Ha, well i guess we all have our rants.

Btw, any predictions/guesses on the Extended Response last year?
(Not that its that possible given last years..)
2010 - Geography [42]
AIM - 90.00+