Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 10, 2024, 08:38:03 am

Author Topic: Technical Exercises  (Read 851 times)  Share 

Dr Whom

Technical Exercises
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:29:46 pm »
Ok, I'm in a bit of a confused state right now regarding the technical exercises that I have to do for what I think is/was Unit 3.

As my teacher is incredibly incompetent I have to research these sort of things myself so my questions is. Are the technical exercises, for let's say film, just two exercises that involve making one small film so the production plan for the film and editing. I don't know if it is specific to my school or if it's in the course work. I'm just really confused and frustrated, I've been having to put up with his shit for the majority of the year and can't really cope that well without a real teacher.

Thanks, I hope you can help me. :)

bturville

Re: Technical Exercises
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:56:06 pm »
i was doing print, and i just whipped up some (admitedly awful) designs. i focused on layout for one of them, planning and putting all my attention into that, and just filling it with stock images/place holder text.

then i did another where i focused on the writing, and i just wrote an article to fill a page.

but then this was for my school, and i think it would probably be assessed differently to yours.

take a read of the VCAA study guide and all that other crap, see if you can find some insight there:
http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vce/studies/media/mediaindex.html

Dr Whom

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 03:35:47 pm »
Thanks, I had a read through of the criteria for assessment and the teachers advice sections and I couldn't really find any sort of number of production limitations that they've put on what should be completed. It just says to explore the area using a bunch of learning activities and after reading that my jaw dropped. My teacher has done nothing. Not one thing that relates to the outcome. That is not just for this outcome either but a few of the others. Ridiculous, I'd be very surprised if he had actually read this properly.

Anyway thanks for your help, I'll try and nut this out within the next couple of days.

Weesyboy

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 09:56:14 pm »
For mine (which were both film, or "digital video"), i chose editing and lighting, i wasn't allowed to just shoot one thing and use that for lighting and editing, i'm not sure if thats a rule my teacher made or a vcaa one.

for editing i shot some basic stuff just getting out of bed getting ready for school etc, for lighting i just did shots of different lighting effects, was very easy, some other people in my class did scriptwriting or story boarding etc.

basically it's just two aspects of what you may or may not do depending on your choice of medium, you also have to write a statement of intention, and a evaluation once you have finished, make sure you put a lot of effort into these, because they can sway your grade a lot. uuhh thats all i can think of at the moment, probably a bit to late at this point, hopefully it's helpful to someone.