Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 20, 2024, 09:48:21 pm

Author Topic: HSC Class of 2016 Discussion Thread  (Read 156293 times)  Share 

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: HSC Class of 2016 Discussion Thread
« Reply #495 on: September 20, 2016, 08:20:33 am »
+3
Does anyone here find ATARnotes distracting at times?

I think I've been too distracted this whole of prelim
Then go back to studying and close off the forum. ATARnotes is a forum/help service, not a drug.

conic curve

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #496 on: September 20, 2016, 08:32:41 am »
Then go back to studying and close off the forum. ATARnotes is a forum/help service, not a drug.

Ahaha, it's so tempting knowing what's been going on lately though. Especially when you want to help or somehow contribute to the conversation it's still so addicting

Time to start on AOS discovery and the first 2 modules of HSC physics and HSC chem (4 modules in total)

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #497 on: September 21, 2016, 08:48:57 pm »
+1
Bunch of Year 12's graduating and bringing back memories of back when I graduated...

Now I feel old. Can't believe it's been a year.

conic curve

• Forum Leader
« Reply #498 on: September 21, 2016, 09:01:36 pm »
Bunch of Year 12's graduating and bringing back memories of back when I graduated...

Now I feel old. Can't believe it's been a year.

Me in one year time  ;D

Nah I'm just looking forward to gunning out my cohort in the HSC after bombing out in the whole of prelim (hopefully) :D

TBH I don't know why but I don't think I'd feel emotional about graduating at all

I'd probably be more concerned about the HSC

Anyways how did you all feel from graduating?

EmileeSmith

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #499 on: September 21, 2016, 09:13:35 pm »
+1
im gonna be crying happy tears

conic curve

• Forum Leader
« Reply #500 on: September 21, 2016, 09:17:54 pm »
im gonna be crying happy tears

I don't ever remember anyone in my school (from all the graduations that has occured over the years) crying either tears of joy or tears of sadness

birdwing341

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #501 on: September 21, 2016, 09:20:02 pm »
+2
Ahaha, it's so tempting knowing what's been going on lately though. Especially when you want to help or somehow contribute to the conversation it's still so addicting

Time to start on AOS discovery and the first 2 modules of HSC physics and HSC chem (4 modules in total)

Chill out :) Have a break from study and from AtarNotes (only for a little bit though). It might not feel like it, but the conversations can go on without you :P

Me in one year time  ;D

Nah I'm just looking forward to gunning out my cohort in the HSC after bombing out in the whole of prelim (hopefully) :D

TBH I don't know why but I don't think I'd feel emotional about graduating at all

I'd probably be more concerned about the HSC

Anyways how did you all feel from graduating?

For me graduating was OK, it hasn't quite sunk in for me though. But for others it might be different! You won't know if you'll get emotional until you get there, and it really depends on your year group as well. Even still, trust me, even year 12s get tired of worrying about the HSC!!

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #502 on: September 21, 2016, 09:28:47 pm »
TBH I think that the HSC is too important, only a "once in a lifetime" thing for me. If I did bad, I'd probably be really angry and I'd probably have to spend extra years doing pathways when I don't want to do that

Do you still go to class when you've graduated?
Last year I thought it was really important as well. Now I don't care

conic curve

• Forum Leader
« Reply #503 on: September 21, 2016, 09:30:48 pm »
Last year I thought it was really important as well. Now I don't care

Oh how come?

I thought the HSC was important as it would help you determine your future into getting into uni

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #504 on: September 21, 2016, 09:35:08 pm »
+1
Oh how come?

I thought the HSC was important as it would help you determine your future into getting into uni
Well, now that I am AT uni...

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #505 on: September 21, 2016, 10:00:50 pm »
Oh how come?

It is important, and doing well can make your journey into tertiary education easy. But nothing is guaranteed easy, no matter how well you do. You can plan all you want, but you'll find that how things actually turn out will be ok, perhaps even great, even if it isn't how you assumed it would be.
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

jakesilove

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Synergising your ATAR potential"
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #506 on: September 21, 2016, 10:02:38 pm »
+2
Oh how come?

In my opinion, your Atar determines the next 6 months of your life. That may seem like a big deal, but in reality it isn't; if you don't get the Atar you want, you have another opportunity to work hard at university/tertiary education and transfer into whatever you want.
ATAR: 99.80

Mathematics Extension 2: 93
Physics: 93
Chemistry: 93
Modern History: 94
English Advanced: 95
Mathematics: 96
Mathematics Extension 1: 98

Studying a combined Advanced Science/Law degree at UNSW

ssarahj

• ATAR Notes NSW MVP - 2016
  • Forum Obsessive
  • seek the full depth and height of life.
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #507 on: September 21, 2016, 10:26:59 pm »
+1
Oh how come?

Sure the HSC is important, but its only as important as you make it out to be. If you truly have your heart set on a specific career path/degree it shouldn't matter if it takes you another few months to get where you want to be. As you said, your ATAR gets you admitted into a university, it has no further purpose after that. As soon as you accept an offer it literally doesn't matter anymore.

Personally I haven't done any extra study (just normal homework) for the past 1-2 weeks, because I decided a long time ago that the HSC wasn't something that I wanted to fully define my last year at school. So I've been making the most of every single class party and free period and after school shenanigans to have as much fun as possible as I lead up to graduation, because I know that they'll be the times that I'll remember.
Not all the hours spent sitting at my desk doing practise papers.
HSC 2016: SOR 2, Adv. English, Ext. 1 English, Chemistry, 2U Maths, Hospitality
6th in NSW for SOR 2

ATAR: 97.00

2017: B Nutrition & Dietetics @ University of Newcastle

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #508 on: September 21, 2016, 10:39:52 pm »
+2
Sure the HSC is important, but its only as important as you make it out to be. If you truly have your heart set on a specific career path/degree it shouldn't matter if it takes you another few months to get where you want to be. As you said, your ATAR gets you admitted into a university, it has no further purpose after that. As soon as you accept an offer it literally doesn't matter anymore.

Personally I haven't done any extra study (just normal homework) for the past 1-2 weeks, because I decided a long time ago that the HSC wasn't something that I wanted to fully define my last year at school. So I've been making the most of every single class party and free period and after school shenanigans to have as much fun as possible as I lead up to graduation, because I know that they'll be the times that I'll remember.
Not all the hours spent sitting at my desk doing practise papers.

annnnnnd you've been an absolute legend on ATAR Notes in the mean time! You're a gem Sarah! I hope you look back on this time with happiness :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

fizzy.123

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #509 on: September 26, 2016, 07:28:49 pm »
+1
Should i spend these 2 weeks memorising all my notes & then doing past papers just before the exams? Or should i start doing past papers and learning the content as i go?