Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 15, 2024, 09:57:05 pm

Author Topic: Free AOS Creative Writing Marking!  (Read 286841 times)

marynguyen18

• Trendsetter
  • School: Cerdon College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: Free AOS Creative Writing Marking!
« Reply #375 on: October 11, 2016, 05:58:19 pm »
That makes sense! Best of luck! Make sure you check back after the exam and let us know how you go with the stimulus!

hopefully ill be able to adapt it to the stimulus i still don't know how i am going to end it but i liked the idea you suggested

tahmina

• Forum Regular
« Reply #376 on: October 11, 2016, 06:58:28 pm »
hey so do i need to get up to 65 for my creative to be read ?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #377 on: October 11, 2016, 09:19:21 pm »

I can post in any forum right? like other subjects and the "game" sections?
Cause i did a bit and my thing doesn't seem to be adding up

The game sections don't count towards your post count that appears under your profile (what we use for essay marking) :) thanks for posting your creative, but you haven't quite met the 30 post requirement! You are close though! :)

hey so do i need to get up to 65 for my creative to be read ?

My spreadsheet says you will need to get to 95 :)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
« Reply #378 on: October 11, 2016, 10:00:05 pm »

Yes Jamon has a spreadsheet. Can confirm.
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

vincentso69

• Trailblazer
« Reply #379 on: October 11, 2016, 10:33:32 pm »
The game sections don't count towards your post count that appears under your profile (what we use for essay marking) :) thanks for posting your creative, but you haven't quite met the 30 post requirement! You are close though! :)

Ok i think i got it now
and btw ,wtf, why does your spreadsheet say 95?

tahmina

• Forum Regular
« Reply #380 on: October 11, 2016, 10:35:16 pm »
but i never got my creative read at 60 - before the new guidelines, oh well all good ! :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #381 on: October 11, 2016, 11:12:40 pm »
but i never got my creative read at 60 - before the new guidelines, oh well all good ! :)

Ohh okay you've caught me, I did a recount and I discovered two simultaneous counting errors by me (this spreadsheet isn't automatic yet, my summer project will be automating it and perhaps making it publicly viewable on a server somewhere or something). I added that creative when I shouldn't have, but I also missed an AoS essay you posted in August! Adjusting for that, it is 75 posts that you need, not 95 :)

Do let me know if you guys think I'm quoting an incorrect figure for your marking requirements, am happy to re-check for you.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #382 on: October 12, 2016, 01:41:38 am »
Just a quick notice that any creatives posted today may not get super detailed feedback. The markers focus needs to be with handling last minute questions, and if we want to get the feedback to you before your exam tomorrow, we won't be able to spend as much time. This is probably for the better, so you guys can implement the big changes quickly and work on smashing out your exams! :)

massive

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #383 on: October 12, 2016, 03:11:39 am »
guys quickly is "figurative associations to..." a valid technique??

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
« Reply #384 on: October 12, 2016, 10:17:01 am »
guys quickly is "figurative associations to..." a valid technique??

Yes...is it better to identify it as the connotations or denotations? Not sure what your context is for this so perhaps connotations and/or denotations are a better way to describe it! Figurative associations isn't incorrect, though :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

Justina Shehata

• Trailblazer
« Reply #385 on: October 12, 2016, 04:08:56 pm »
Hey Justina! Thanks for that :)

Spoiler
I, Bellamy Potarisa, knew that ‘truth’ in its most pure and authentic state was consistently and inevitably, brutal.  But that word in particular lingered, positing a nauseating ambivalence within my mind. Great setting of tone!
Clutching at my throat to withstand the usual yet persistently overwhelming note of bergamot, was accompanied by an unsettling grin that bred of conceit, as he comfortably leaned on the edges of his desk. It is unclear whether it was the clone or his rigid grin that expounded an ominous feeling. Perhaps it was both. Nevertheless, within a month of employment, he had dumped me with the first lesson of corruption. I like how suddenly yet teasingly this is all unfolding!

For my moral dilemma, one of which I was consciously aware of, had burdened me with the utterance of an “untruth”.
 “Oh come on Bellamy, don’t go all ‘girl-next-door’ on me.  You won’t be lying as such, only telling some un-truths, so to speak…” his voice seemed to trail on. *uhhhh* I can totally imagine this
 He flashed me a big porcelain smile like the devil addressed in Prada.
As I happen to recall, I believe “tap into” were the words he uttered.

“So…um…you want me to ‘tap into’ politician Ben Ashcroft’s emails and dig some dirt on his…"

Again, came the monstrous laugh – as though to interrupt me from exposure. Ryan Trystan, my boss, whom I had grown such a fondness and reputable complexion of, was unfortunately my worst nightmare. He brought back the most vulnerable and tenebrous shadows of myself that lay beneath my newly found world.
“Oh Bell, Bell, Bell…now did I say ‘tap into’? No.  All I said was be a little more enterprising”
 His light tone has somewhat dissipated.
It was in those very two minutes that I had been burdened with an incomprehensible distress, one of which quickly transitioned to anger with the thought of his ease. It did not matter that I would hack into his email, forge evidence and frame him for the stolen revenue. His conceited smile lingered the most. It functioned as my source of angst, even more than the request. Well actually, demand. I realised that incessant vanity and innocent smiles camouflaged the unrelenting reality of life and gave it benevolence. 
The nuances of journalist vernacular were of only significance, and thus what was necessary – that is, for the ‘The Sun’ newspaper was to offer its reading masses a succinct piece of scandal dressed up as ‘journalism’. A story that offers readers a deep and profound fulfilment for approximately 56 seconds of their insignificant lives that would come at the expense of shattering my probity.
 Had I known this before my excitement consumed me a month ago, and voluntarily participated? 
It was not my fault. No, it couldn’t be. I had to convince myself of this. It was the only way to keep my sanity. I was cheated just as much as I was told to cheat. I was given significance, name, identity, and stature – something that otherwise was foreign.
I came to comprehend that the discovery of my identity, involved deeper layers of consciousness, layers which were more often than not, subliminal.
Now firmly fixated on his computer screen, a once charming Ryan, gave me no more attention as if my presence was absent.  So I left.
 And thus, he had taught me my second lesson of corruption: ‘un-truths’ were the modern form of lies.
Trying to pull myself together in the bathroom, I recalled the phone call informing me of my employment. I remembered my surprise at receiving a response in such a short period of time. A young and shy lady whom only just finished a degree in I'd probably capitalise Journalism if we are talking about a degree. journalism was offered a job at one of the world’s most renowned publishing industries. It did not make sense but the thrill was so overwhelming, it brushed off the crevices in the puzzle.
Of course now – it did make sense.
Staring into the mirror, I could finally see it.
I fit the criteria because I was easy. Unlike the others who were incredibly attractive and showed off their flashing numbers with struts of Burberry and Chanel, I scraped through the brief because I could offer something much more significant and grandiose than aesthetic appeasement – innocence.
The most insufferable experience one would never wish to hear was that they were not good enough. My discovery there's no rule against saying "discovery" but your piece is incredibly well articulated - so I'd avoid it in this instance just to avoid jarring it. I'd said "realisation" of personal integrity was far from superfluous within a cesspit of journalistic and editorial sharks that imposed nothing more than sheer banality within the obscure ramblings of truth. 
This time, recalling my first day of employment was thoroughly unsatisfying. This was no fluke. I was given significance, a name, identity, stature.
No. Wrong. 
I was given a phantom.
Funnily enough, never once did reality wish to spare me of its brutality.
To expose the darkness beyond the palette of the colourful paper – I knew – there was no going back.
I picked up a pen.
Now, I was going to have my say.
And the title it was written: ‘Integrity’
Never like this moment in my life had I completely been in touch with the entirety of myself – beneath all the layers of which my darkest fears were veiled.
But now I can say – unequivocally – I was liberated.

I'm sorry that you worked so hard to get 30 posts only for me to tell you that this is definitely the work of a band 6 student! This was an absolute pleasure to read! I enjoyed every moment. You capture a professional setting filled with corruption really well and you capture the integrity (or lack of) in the media industry really well! The discovery is clear, in the lead up, the moment, and the ramifications. You've been very smart with this piece in that your climax coincides with discovery just before the end, so that you can have the all clear for discussing the ramifications of discovery.

I hope this gives you confidence to go into the exam with your head held high because I love love love this piece! Usually when I love pieces, I still can critique discovery. But in this case, you've done it so craftfully that it's difficult :) I hope the stimulus is kind to you!

Thank you so so much! I honestly felt that it needed a lot of work so that is certainly a relief to hear!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read!

kavinila

• Trailblazer
  • School: Strathfield Girls HS
« Reply #386 on: October 12, 2016, 04:35:24 pm »
hey guys! :) I was just wondering if somebody could please just have a quick read over my creative and tell me if the element of discovery is expressed enough? I've saved my 15 posts for a while now, though being so last minute wasn't the plan. thankyou so much! :)

The stillness of the navy tent was perforated by the flickering light of the torch held in Euroa’s hand. As the moonlight glinted against tent’s steel zip, he looked up at the night sky which resembled a blank ocean, blanketed by a canopy of shining stars. Blurry images formed in his mind as he recalled the many nights at home, where he would look at the English night sky and fall sleep with the comfort of knowing that his mother was one of those stars, always watching over him. Yet the Australian night sky offered a different sense of closure that in many ways discomforted him too. It felt as though he knew each of the stars, in the plethora of those that watched him.
Deep in thought, Euroa failed to notice that his grandfather had moved near the periphery of the tent, till the old man’s husky voice sounded. “What’s wrong my boy? The mozzies keeping you up are they?” the old man asked, as he stroked his grandson’s bush of curly hair that danced between black and brown, much like his own.
“No. I just feel like we aren’t the only ones here …” exclaimed the young man, as he tried settling in to his second day of outback living.
“Of course we aren’t!” chuckled the old man, as he played with the terracotta red dirt of the land. “What they sing; it’s true! Our land truly abounds in nature’s gifts of beauty rich and rare. Each of ancestors lives with us. In the sky, on the land and in the sea, they constantly ride with us through this cycle of life.”
A moment of silence passed by, before the young man meekly asked, “Do you really believe that pops? Or do you just say that because it’s your law?”
“Now where’d you hear that young sir?” questioned the elder man, bemused.
“I read ALL about Aboriginality and the Dreamtime pops” replied the young man excitedly.
“Euroa, there are some things that words cannot make justice to. From the reading you’ve done, I assume you’ve heard of oral tradition. Back in the day, nothing was written. And there was no real need for it. But Aborigines like myself, we’re the reason this tradition of writing things came about.” The old man’s voice quivered as he trapped a tear from landing on his grandson’s forehead that rested upon his lap.
He thought back to the day where things had gone horridly wrong.
It had initially been a fine day, like many others. Littered with self-induced bruises from his experimentation with the boomerang, he had returned home with his sister Alkina, covered in terracotta red dirt. A corroboree had taken place somewhere nearby. Glints of umber that were dispersed across the sky that was otherwise swallowed in fumes could be seen and smelt throughout. Buzzing blowflies swarmed about whilst the gleeful galahs flew into and out of waterfalls, as the high pitched “Chet! Chet!” calls echoed throughout the land. As he had sat around the fire with his mothers and siblings, he had felt enveloped and embraced by the warmth of the fire. The events to follow had been a cold slap in the face. His feet had been inter-twined with the red dirt of the land as the officer dragged him along. Swallowing back tears, the old man recollected the looks on his mothers’ faces as they helplessly called out to their children whilst pinned against the dilapidated wooden door by the officers. With his small hands interlaced with Alkina’s and his feet inter-twined with the land, he had been dragged along into the car.
The man had spent the many years after he was taken away from home in a silent vortex of despair. The stagnant scent of stale cigarettes. The slurred sentences that sounded between the smothered moans of the drunk officers dilly-dallying outside. The wails of his sisters as they were being exploited by the monstrous officers. They had all sent the old man into the dark, lonely vortex as he yearned to get his life back. He had been called a “blithering stone age idiot,” and an “incompetent savage.” Such experiences had led him to discover the only truth about what was happening around him. He preached to his fellow brothers and sisters, “we are not strangers in our own country … we are just strangers to a European society.” Although he couldn’t plant his feet firm upon the land, he stood tall with his newfound belief.
The old man’s melancholic reflections were brought to shore as Euroa awoke. It dawned upon him that he had spent the entire night staring out at the land. He shared the thought with his grandson.
“Isn’t that scary pops? This is one the most remote areas of the outback; you’ve never been here before either. How could you …” queried Euroa, bewildered, before he was cut off by his grandfather.
“Who am I to fear? I fear only mankind. The land, the water, the animals, the plants – they are with us and for us, aw we are,” replied the old man graciously.
Euroa smiled in reply. Although he couldn’t truly understand what his grandfather had said, he knew that he had been wrong. His grandfather’s touch had enabled Euroa to envision the pain. As they packed their bags to continue through the desert, Euroa felt as though he was recollecting everything he had left behind when he flew out to England as a newborn baby.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #387 on: October 12, 2016, 05:50:43 pm »
ok i think i did it

Umm yea here is my story. 
-i need to know if the discoveries are clear
-does it makes sense
-should i remove the flash backs (the begginning paragraph and ending? so it would just be one straight story that ends with "I wonder what else we will find..."

Hi Vincent! Sorry we didn't get to this yesterday for you, so I'll give this a read and some quick comments that you can implement fast!! :)

Story is here:

Spoiler
I stared at the small window where rays of light emerged from. That was the only source of light in the room, partly blocked by two corroding metal bars that divided the window into 3 segments. Still, it was enough light for me to see my tiresome reflection in the putrefied puddle which would usually disgust a normal person, but I was here long enough to get used to it. Sitting against the dusty concrete wall, I squirmed my feet against the rough ground to stop the pins and needles in my feet. Occasionally, the guards would carelessly toss us sections of the newspaper. This wasn’t exactly the best place to be, I really wished I had been more careful, because I lost it all; lost my mind, my soul, myself.The only thing I had left was my mum’s wedding ring…

*                      *                           *                                                 *                              *
“Where is Rob? He should be here by now. I mean, he IS the older brother.” I thought to myself as I wandered around on top of my orphanage building. The lights from the ground of the building illuminated the dark sky, revealing sombre clouds. In an instant, my arms were pulled back from me and my head was covered with a bag. But I stayed calm.
“Rob, I know it’s you bro, cut it out and tell me why we are here” I ordered.
“Alright Steeler, there is something I need to show you,” Rob said with excitement. “I was thinking of doing it for Christmas, but that’s ages away. Follow me, you won’t believe this.”
What could this be? Well, there is really no turning back now. I have already escaped from the boring choir where the strict nuns forced us to do boring stuff.

We hopped from building to building, jumped from roof to roof, climbed the hundreds of ceilings ahead of us. It was a painful journey, but finally we arrived at a narrow and dark alleyway. Despite his excitement, Rob stared at me strangely and pointed to my black right eye.
“No, fighting again?”
“Dude, they said really bad stuff about us. That dad dumped us here at the orphanage because we’re worthless. And that mum is in Hell...” I blurted out, clenching my fist and feeling my face get warmer.
“They’re just trying to pump you up, don’t listen to them.” Rob reassured me. “Anyways here it is”, Rob pointed at some object that was covered in a dirty sheet. He slowly unravelled the object and there it was...I couldn't believe it... It was a motorbike. But something didn't match up, this was an unnatural occurrence, Rob never did this type of stuff just randomly. My heart jumped over the moon, but my mind sunk deeper into the ocean of thoughts that surrounded me. I immediately asked him where he got it.
“Hard earned cash brother, I am a changed man” Rob confidently replied, as he looked up in the skies awkwardly. Something wasn’t right.
“The only time you pull a stunt like this, is when you’re trying to make up for something” I gushed out, staring hard at Rob. He froze like ice for second, then gave me a hard look. He then chuckled as a sneaky smirk swept across his face.
“You’re too smart for your own good, you know that? Ok hear me out,” Rob confesses. So this is what really happened. He got a job. Pays well. However there was a catch. He’s leaving town for a year...

That dog! How could he abandon me? I turned my body away from Rob to face the illuminating lamp post in the distance, which revealed garbage cans resting next to graffitied walls.“I’m doing this for the both of us. Look, I know how much the orphanage sucks-”
“You have no idea” I interrupted. “It’s not fair”.
“Nothing in our lives has been fair. But we made it work right?”
I guess he’s right. Our parents unfortunately never had time for us, debts had priority over us.
“The bike wasn’t the only surprise. I guess I’m going to have to spoil the next one.” Rob snickered. I turned my body back to him again and looked at him in the eyes. What can this be now? “I found the guy who has mum’s stuff.” Rob smirked. My eyes widened. I walked closer to him and slapped my hands on his shoulders in disbelief. Apparently it was just on the other side of town. But I wondered how we’re going to buy that.  Wedding rings aren’t cheap.
“No! We’re not going to steal it are we?” I questioned.
“Well technically, it’s not stealing if we’re getting something back that's ours to begin with” Rob said. He hopped on the bike and started revving the engine loudly, gesturing for me to come. I hesitated, but the thought of my orphanage compelled that doubt. So I hopped on the back of Rob’s motorcycle. The throttle’s roar nearly deafened my ears, but it didn’t matter. And so with that, we zoomed off. I wonder what other goods we’ll find...
*                      *                           *                                                 *                              *
I kept a collection of the newspaper that the warden gave us, it was the only way I was able to avoid boredom. My eye caught something. It was a heading of the newspaper “Rare Vulpine Pearl Ring gone miss, huge reward offered”. My eyes stared at the image of a beautiful ring below. It’s prongs held in place a head of a fox engraved in gold, which its mouth held a pearl. My eyes frantically alternated between the picture and the ring that sat on my hand. A sneaky smirk swept slowly across my face. I had it.

My thoughts:

- Try and make your internal and external dialogue more realistic. Say it out loud. Would you say it like that? At times it felt a little manufactured
- Be careful to only include relevant story elements. Don't add detail for the sake of detail (EG - I have already escaped from the boring choir where the strict nuns forced us to do boring stuff. )
- Ensure the story comes through clearly. It took a few reads to properly understand your story arc.
- I'm not quite getting the Discovery coming through loud and clear. Some more reflective statements near the end of the story could fix this, and would break up the, "This happened, then this happened," style of your script
- Personally, I think the first flash back works really really well, and the final one comes along with that. So I'd keep both personally!!

I hope those little bits of feedback will help you polish this up for tomorrow! Good luck ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #388 on: October 12, 2016, 06:37:56 pm »
hey guys! :) I was just wondering if somebody could please just have a quick read over my creative and tell me if the element of discovery is expressed enough? I've saved my 15 posts for a while now, though being so last minute wasn't the plan. thankyou so much! :)

Hey Kavinila! No worries at all, good on you for posting it, I'll keep the feedback short and sweet so you can make the most of it! :)

The Creative itself is here:
Spoiler
The stillness of the navy tent was perforated by the flickering light of the torch held in Euroa’s hand. As the moonlight glinted against tent’s steel zip, he looked up at the night sky which resembled a blank ocean, blanketed by a canopy of shining stars. Blurry images formed in his mind as he recalled the many nights at home, where he would look at the English night sky and fall sleep with the comfort of knowing that his mother was one of those stars, always watching over him. Yet the Australian night sky offered a different sense of closure that in many ways discomforted him too. It felt as though he knew each of the stars, in the plethora of those that watched him.
Deep in thought, Euroa failed to notice that his grandfather had moved near the periphery of the tent, till the old man’s husky voice sounded. “What’s wrong my boy? The mozzies keeping you up are they?” the old man asked, as he stroked his grandson’s bush of curly hair that danced between black and brown, much like his own.
“No. I just feel like we aren’t the only ones here …” exclaimed the young man, as he tried settling in to his second day of outback living.
“Of course we aren’t!” chuckled the old man, as he played with the terracotta red dirt of the land. “What they sing; it’s true! Our land truly abounds in nature’s gifts of beauty rich and rare. Each of ancestors lives with us. In the sky, on the land and in the sea, they constantly ride with us through this cycle of life.”
A moment of silence passed by, before the young man meekly asked, “Do you really believe that pops? Or do you just say that because it’s your law?”
“I read ALL about Aboriginality and the Dreamtime pops” replied the young man excitedly.
“Euroa, there are some things that words cannot make justice to. From the reading you’ve done, I assume you’ve heard of oral tradition. Back in the day, nothing was written. And there was no real need for it. But Aborigines like myself, we’re the reason this tradition of writing things came about.” The old man’s voice quivered as he trapped a tear from landing on his grandson’s forehead that rested upon his lap.
It had initially been a fine day, like many others. Littered with self-induced bruises from his experimentation with the boomerang, he had returned home with his sister Alkina, covered in terracotta red dirt. A corroboree had taken place somewhere nearby. Glints of umber that were dispersed across the sky that was otherwise swallowed in fumes could be seen and smelt throughout. Buzzing blowflies swarmed about whilst the gleeful galahs flew into and out of waterfalls, as the high pitched “Chet! Chet!” calls echoed throughout the land. As he had sat around the fire with his mothers and siblings, he had felt enveloped and embraced by the warmth of the fire. The events to follow had been a cold slap in the face. His feet had been inter-twined with the red dirt of the land as the officer dragged him along. Swallowing back tears, the old man recollected the looks on his mothers’ faces as they helplessly called out to their children whilst pinned against the dilapidated wooden door by the officers. With his small hands interlaced with Alkina’s and his feet inter-twined with the land, he had been dragged along into the car.
The man had spent the many years after he was taken away from home in a silent vortex of despair. The stagnant scent of stale cigarettes. The slurred sentences that sounded between the smothered moans of the drunk officers dilly-dallying outside. The wails of his sisters as they were being exploited by the monstrous officers. They had all sent the old man into the dark, lonely vortex as he yearned to get his life back. He had been called a “blithering stone age idiot,” and an “incompetent savage.” Such experiences had led him to discover the only truth about what was happening around him. He preached to his fellow brothers and sisters, “we are not strangers in our own country … we are just strangers to a European society.” Although he couldn’t plant his feet firm upon the land, he stood tall with his newfound belief.
The old man’s melancholic reflections were brought to shore as Euroa awoke. It dawned upon him that he had spent the entire night staring out at the land. He shared the thought with his grandson.
“Isn’t that scary pops? This is one the most remote areas of the outback; you’ve never been here before either. How could you …” queried Euroa, bewildered, before he was cut off by his grandfather.
“Who am I to fear? I fear only mankind. The land, the water, the animals, the plants – they are with us and for us, aw we are,” replied the old man graciously.
Euroa smiled in reply. Although he couldn’t truly understand what his grandfather had said, he knew that he had been wrong. His grandfather’s touch had enabled Euroa to envision the pain. As they packed their bags to continue through the desert, Euroa felt as though he was recollecting everything he had left behind when he flew out to England as a newborn baby.

- Excellent use of imagery in the opening
- Nice, realistic dialogue. It sounds real to read; which is tough for how much there is in this Creative. Good job! Parts could still be improved though; the longer passages from the grandfather at times sounded a bit forced. Try and think; is this how he'd really say it?
- So this subject matter falls into the cliche category; meaning that it needs to be done really well and treated with due sensitivity. Especially since you are tying in sexual assault as well. I think you need to do more with your language to make this powerful, and make it resonate more with Discovery. The two paragraphs in the middle aren't quite enough to do it justice in my opinion, and you can't let the subject matter do the work for you .

Overall, you are a fantastic writer exploring really cool aspects of Discovery! I'm especially impressed with your use of dialogue, and effective us of imagery in the orientation. However, I do think you need to do a little bit more to portray those Discovery aspects in the middle and end of your story. Go into more detail about the experiences of the grandfather and how they are conveyed. I like the idea of the flashback! But I think you need to do more with it, language wise, to make your style match the power of what you are discussing ;D

This is a great creative though! You should feel really confident ;D

kavinila

• Trailblazer
  • School: Strathfield Girls HS
« Reply #389 on: October 12, 2016, 06:58:05 pm »
thanks jamon! i'll go over and edit the parts you've mentioned. I really appreciate that you've marked this at this point in time.
thankyou so much :)

Hey Kavinila! No worries at all, good on you for posting it, I'll keep the feedback short and sweet so you can make the most of it! :)

The Creative itself is here:
Spoiler

- Excellent use of imagery in the opening
- Nice, realistic dialogue. It sounds real to read; which is tough for how much there is in this Creative. Good job! Parts could still be improved though; the longer passages from the grandfather at times sounded a bit forced. Try and think; is this how he'd really say it?
- So this subject matter falls into the cliche category; meaning that it needs to be done really well and treated with due sensitivity. Especially since you are tying in sexual assault as well. I think you need to do more with your language to make this powerful, and make it resonate more with Discovery. The two paragraphs in the middle aren't quite enough to do it justice in my opinion, and you can't let the subject matter do the work for you .

Overall, you are a fantastic writer exploring really cool aspects of Discovery! I'm especially impressed with your use of dialogue, and effective us of imagery in the orientation. However, I do think you need to do a little bit more to portray those Discovery aspects in the middle and end of your story. Go into more detail about the experiences of the grandfather and how they are conveyed. I like the idea of the flashback! But I think you need to do more with it, language wise, to make your style match the power of what you are discussing ;D

This is a great creative though! You should feel really confident ;D