Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 18, 2024, 02:18:12 pm

Author Topic: JMSS Entry For 2018  (Read 435741 times)  Share 

Appo

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS Entry For 2018
« Reply #2085 on: October 12, 2017, 10:11:38 pm »
I found pharmaceutical Science and Physics unit 2 fascinating, especially pharmaceutical science because it's the combination of my two favourite topic, chemistry and biology(AKA Biochemistry).
Ah sounds good. I might of talked to you, when did you go to the physics booth?

Kaize

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2086 on: October 12, 2017, 10:15:45 pm »
 :)
Ah sounds good. I might of talked to you, when did you go to the physics booth?
I didn't go to the physic booth. Instead, I spoke to the conductor of Pharmaceutical Science Mrs Johnson. :)
Never reject an idea, dream or goal simply because it will be hard work. Success rarely comes without it.

Appo

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2087 on: October 12, 2017, 10:20:01 pm »
:)I didn't go to the physic booth. Instead, I spoke to the conductor of Pharmaceutical Science Mrs Johnson. :)
Ah I see, that's good.

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #2088 on: October 13, 2017, 07:15:48 am »
sorry i've been inactive for a while, just got internet back at my house (horror!)
what did everyone think of the info night? it was pretty cool eh? i was a little late (monash uni is fricking big) so i missed the band :(
i thought jm had an orientation fortnight but that doesn't seem to be happening this year? even though it's on their calendar? *shrug*
also, did you guys get your edutest results? how did everyone go? I did actually surprisingly ridiculously well, I was so shocked! 3 sups in maths, numerical and science and then above average in both my essays which is way better than i thought i did.
what's everyone planning to do for electives? (quarks to quasars and cells to systems! :)
2020 VCE
English [raw 50 + 60/60 exam score]
Literature [48]

Offering 2021 English and Literature tutoring + resources!

Jessica1231

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2089 on: October 13, 2017, 08:20:55 am »
sorry i've been inactive for a while, just got internet back at my house (horror!)
what did everyone think of the info night? it was pretty cool eh? i was a little late (monash uni is fricking big) so i missed the band :(
i thought jm had an orientation fortnight but that doesn't seem to be happening this year? even though it's on their calendar? *shrug*
also, did you guys get your edutest results? how did everyone go? I did actually surprisingly ridiculously well, I was so shocked! 3 sups in maths, numerical and science and then above average in both my essays which is way better than i thought i did.
what's everyone planning to do for electives? (quarks to quasars and cells to systems! :)
How are we supposed to get our results?

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #2090 on: October 13, 2017, 10:38:51 am »
How are we supposed to get our results?

oh you guys didn't get yours? It's probably because I emailed them to ask about mine last week. EMAIL FOR YOUR RESULTS PEOPLE.
2020 VCE
English [raw 50 + 60/60 exam score]
Literature [48]

Offering 2021 English and Literature tutoring + resources!

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #2091 on: October 13, 2017, 04:00:07 pm »
oh you guys didn't get yours? It's probably because I emailed them to ask about mine last week. EMAIL FOR YOUR RESULTS PEOPLE.
It's the "[email protected]" one, right?

The info night was pretty cool - overwhelming, but definitely cool. The band sounded so good! They played an anime opening (from Cowboy Bebop). I don't think the orientation fortnight is for us - we only get 1 day. I initially assumed it would be a fortnight because I was really excited about starting school at JMSS. As for electives, I plan on doing Nanotech and Materials :DD
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:16:20 pm by Shadestache »
When faced with a problem, you either find a way or an excuse.

Kaize

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2092 on: October 13, 2017, 04:05:34 pm »
remind me again, how many people's doing the methods readiness test this year? Did anyone count?
Never reject an idea, dream or goal simply because it will be hard work. Success rarely comes without it.

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #2093 on: October 13, 2017, 04:10:06 pm »
remind me again, how many people's doing the methods readiness test this year? Did anyone count?
I was in the 2nd session and counted about 47 people that ticked their names. Round that up to 50 and times it by 2. There should probably be around 100 people doing it.

Kaize

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2094 on: October 13, 2017, 04:12:07 pm »
I was in the 2nd session and counted about 47 people that ticked their names. Round that up to 50 and times it by 2. There should probably be around 100 people doing it.
The game's on

Appo

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2095 on: October 13, 2017, 04:29:47 pm »
I believe the orientation fortnight only applies to current year 10's going into year 11.

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #2096 on: October 13, 2017, 04:32:05 pm »
Quinn, what did you ask them? XD
I tried to email EduTest and got this response:
"The school advises the outcome and provides the report at their discretion.  You should contact the school directly for further information."

;-;

Kaize

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2097 on: October 13, 2017, 04:33:23 pm »
Quinn, what did you ask them? XD
I tried to email EduTest and got this response:
"The school advises the outcome and provides the report at their discretion.  You should contact the school directly for further information."

;-;

you email jmss,.not edutest

vishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2098 on: October 13, 2017, 04:39:59 pm »
Hey Guys
I am getting confused in hyperbolas :-\
should I focus much on it or just leave it?

Kaize

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2099 on: October 13, 2017, 04:40:45 pm »
Dafuq, no you don't.
EduTest is responsible for the exams. I even asked the assistant principal and apparently the school doesn't give you the results =.='

nvm JK
I got mine from JMSS.