Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 24, 2024, 01:22:51 am

Author Topic: Locking a thread  (Read 4011 times)  Share 

Cianyx

Re: Locking a thread
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 01:08:17 pm »
Is this really worth pursuing? For argument sake, let's say that you were right and taiga did lock the thread prematurely. Nonetheless, the incident still remains a minor one. Just let it go

itolduso

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 02:07:01 pm »
itolduso,

What you brought up in the first thread was irrelevant to the OP's question, which had already been answered (yes in the study design, no not very often appears in exams). Locking it was the correct decision.

The 2nd thread is regarding a specific modulus question and therefore has not yet gone off topic / still has aspects which have not been answered.

Also, I love how you say "someone has pointed out the mod's inconsistency".
1) What inconsistency? Mods are allowed to make mistakes. The moderation decision itself is correct.
2) "Someone" lol. Why bother using a different account and then thanking...yourself? If you are so sure you are right next time, you shouldn't need to go signing into another account to make it look like you have supporters.

I encourage the intimidated to speak up. Do not hesitate to contact me to voice your opinions/comments/concerns/complaints.

Cianyx

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 02:43:04 pm »
What the fuck are you talking about?

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +588
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 03:02:51 pm »
If feel you are making these over a mathematical argument rather than really feeling concerned.

I concede, as I did in another thread, I made ONE incorrect statement regarding a specific graph. You made a statement which is incorrect for 99% of graphs in the VCE course. Is that the reason why I locked the thread? No.

Each time a new post in the mathematics board, there is somewhat of an expectation that it will be contributing to the community as a whole. Arguing a point, which for all intensive purposes, is irrelevant to improving our member's knowledge of VCE course (please, don't tell me that people didn't know they had to draw mod graphs) doesn't do any favours for anyone.  Further blowing it out by logging into another account and continuing your argument over a minor point I made, doesn't do any favors for anyone either.

That said, I should not have continued arguing my point, and should have left it at me stating that the transformations of a mod graph are rarely, if never, assessed.
vce: english, methods, spesh, chemistry, physics, geography.

ex admin/mod/partner

2010: Melbourne High School (VCE)
2011 - 2016: Monash University BComm/BEng (Hons)

If you guys have any concerns/suggestions for making ATARNotes a better place, don't hesitate to PM me.

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 03:12:46 pm »
I encourage the intimidated to speak up. Do not hesitate to contact me to voice your opinions/comments/concerns/complaints.

What is your point? You are allowed to speak up, and we are allowed to respond, n'est-ce pas?

Edit: I will wait to see if you have any further complaints, then I'm locking this thread
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 03:15:45 pm by ninwa »
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]