Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 01, 2024, 09:26:25 pm

Author Topic: Suggestions for changes in SMF 2.0  (Read 35143 times)  Share 

DavidB3ck

• CTO
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I do things sometimes.
  • Respect: +45
Re: Suggestions for changes in SMF 2.0
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2011, 08:23:31 am »
+1
Could you fix up the location of the 'Rate the impact that this service had on your marks' section on the tutoring review form. E.g. Here's mine. Not sure if it's just because I'm on Chrome, but I've tested it using the IE plug-in and it appears a bit on the side. I've had several students accidentally miss that box due to its location and give me a 1 on it (presumably missed it at least :P).

Weird. Never noticed that before... Anyway, it's fixed.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:28:49 am by DavidB3ck »

WhoTookMyUsername

« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2012, 04:29:21 pm »
+1
Any thoughts about my suggestion to have a "tutoring renewal" pop up once every 3 or 4 months? (only active users will see this). I can see the tutor section becoming extremely clogged in a few years, with a lot of these people having discontinued tutoring.

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2012, 07:34:10 pm »
Any thoughts about my suggestion to have a "tutoring renewal" pop up once every 3 or 4 months? (only active users will see this). I can see the tutor section becoming extremely clogged in a few years, with a lot of these people having discontinued tutoring.

That is a brilliant idea. I think once per year is probably a better, less annoying timeframe, but we'll certainly have that so that tutors who aren't active will be removed from the listing.

David, put this on the very bottom of your to-do list because while it's a good idea, it can easily wait :P

Run a script that requires tutors to renew their ads on 1st of January, 20xx every year. This will take the form of a forced message on login. "We notice that you have a tutoring ad listed with us. If you are still tutoring, please hit 'renew' to keep your tutoring ad in our listing. If you're no longer tutoring please hit 'cancel' to cancel your tutor listing."

People will have until the 1st of March to hit 'renew'. Anyone who hasn't renewed by 1st of March has their listing deleted, along with anyone who hit 'cancel'.

Make sure your script doesn't delete people who signed up from 1st January to 1st March of that year (just envisioning if you put a 0 or a 1 in a renew column in the DB, a new person signing up wouldn't have renewed etc.)

WhoTookMyUsername

« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2012, 08:22:01 pm »
ah the fuzzy feeling after enwiabe gives you praise :X

Is there a "remove add" button ATM? i noticed one tutorial advertisement just changed the info to "no longer offering" - does this mean you cannot delete ATM ?

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +661
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2012, 09:45:11 am »
There's delete functionality, but it's not available to the tutors. Not sure why, possibly to prevent people from making/deleting without good reason

paulsterio

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • I <3 2SHAN
  • Respect: +430
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2012, 10:22:26 am »
I reckon there should be a delete functionality!

DavidB3ck

• CTO
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I do things sometimes.
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2012, 02:04:41 pm »
+3
I reckon there should be a delete functionality!

PM us if you want it deleted. <3 I have reasons for not adding it... I don't remember what those reasons are at the moment... But I do have reasons! I think.

nacho

• The Thought Police
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +418
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2012, 10:37:57 pm »
+1
embed youtube links
OFFICIAL FORUM RULE #1:
TrueTears is my role model so find your own

2012: BCom/BSc @ Monash