Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 09:55:23 pm

Author Topic: My Year 12 Life - Class of 2018  (Read 43131 times)

Caitlynk_22

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +238
Re: My Year 12 Life - Class of 2018
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2018, 02:42:27 pm »
+3
PAPER 1 IS DONE AND DUSTED. I actually finished at 11am but I went out for lunch with my parents, I spent till 1pm doing art in the art room cause I need to get that shit done.

It was okay. The stimulus was so weird though. There's been so many memes going around and I've been laughing my head off. I think everyone thought it was okay. Thankfully the essay question matched my texts so well! I think I had a bit of a timing issue as well because I had to cut out a whole paragraph. I also forgot three of my quotes. UGGHH. I had some quotes from the modules in my head. Anyway. Its done and dusted. Time to study for Paper 2.

My license test is tomorrow as well. Wish me luck!
2018 - HSC - My HSC Journal 2018
2019 - Gap Year - Cert 3 @ TAFE My Gap Year Journal
2020 - 2022 B of Design (Architecture) @ UoN My University Journal

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
  • Work hard and be rewarded
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2018, 03:05:18 pm »
Same girl, same. Feels so good!!

Study hard and good luck on both paper two and your licence test :)))
HSC 2018
Biology || Business Studies || English Standard || Genral Math || PDHPE || Studies of Religion I

Fergus6748

• Trendsetter
  • Never let your memories be greater than your dream
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2018, 03:45:58 pm »
Well done!! I envy you having gotten the first exam out of the way. My trial exams start next week, which is a bit nerve wracking, but just trying to keep going. Good luck on your license, which level is it?
Hsc: Advanced English || Maths Extension 1 || Mathematics || Economics || Chemistry || Physics

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2018, 11:02:11 pm »
Well done!! I envy you having gotten the first exam out of the way. My trial exams start next week, which is a bit nerve wracking, but just trying to keep going. Good luck on your license, which level is it?

I'm went for my first provisional license. One year on that and then two years on the second provisional license! :D Thank you so much! Good luck with your own exams!

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2018, 11:09:46 pm »
+3
Good news everyone! *insert simpsons gif here*

So as you know I had paper 2 today.... And Mod C and Mod A went great. I remembered all my quotes and finished them within their alotted 40 mins. Better than what happened for paper 1. But Mod B went especially horribly! The question was so hard and I didnt understand it. I only had like two quotes for each of the poems! I also memorised the structures, rhyme, rhythm schemes of them but it definitely wasnt enough. I only wrote 3 pages for Mod B. The other two were atleast 6 pages each. I knew I was under prepared for Mod B. Gah. At least its only trials.

Tomorrow I have no exam so Im going to do some math study which should be okay.

AH YES. THE GOOD NEWS. You remember that driving test I said I had today? Yeaaahh I passed! I'm officially in the 'you're now targeted by police' group. I got 109/110 and I only lost one point cause a stupid truck was parked in the middle of the road 5m from where the test ended. So annoying but at least I got them and dont have to worry about another test for getting my other licenses! Yay me. Tomorrow I'm going to go for my very first drive alone. Luckily we live in the country. I cant imagine what it would be like for people in the city.

Amyway. I better get off to bed! Night night. Dont let the bed bugs bite!

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2018, 02:49:32 pm »
+2
So the maths paper this morning was actually fucking atrocious. I can't believe that it was like that and before the exam our teacher was like "It's definitely going to be easier than your half-yearly". I walked in, read it and went its not easier. LIEESSS. I got to question 11 and 12 and was like, is this seriously question 11 and 12?

Gah! This will bring my rank down SO FAR. Holy shit, you know dumb I felt walking out of that three hour exam? The only thing that I was glad about was that everyone doing Mathematics (Except those extension kids) said it was really hard.

Woooww. After that exam I feel like procrastinating even more! I've got four exams left. Two are tomorrow. I think I'm pretty set for art and ancient. I just need to look over my notes and stuff.

On other news. I parked in the school car park without being crooked. :)

Anyway better study for my next subjects.BYEEE.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2018, 02:56:02 pm »
+1
Good news everyone! *insert simpsons gif here*

Got your back.

Hope your next subjects go better than your maths paper! 👊

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2018, 09:05:58 am »
+5
So its been a little while since I last posted an update on here and that's because in the space of two school days (Yesterday and Friday) I got three exams out of the way.

On Friday, it was my double up so I had Art and Ancient. I'm pretty sure Art went well but I forgot one of my artworks, luckily I still got 11 artworks from four artists. I'm thinking it went well.

Also on Friday, I had Ancient and I zoomed through the paper. I think I finished with 30mins left so I went back and added things to my extended responses. I'm hoping I did okay. FINGERS CROSSED.

Yesterday I had SOR, which went well and I think I was the most satisfied when I walked out of that exam. I chose Islam for Section 2 and Christianity for Section 3. I pretty much avoided doing environmental ethics and baptism for it. I'm hoping that it gets me good results!

Anyway. My last exam is tomorrow afternoon and it goes till 4pm. GAH. Ancient was hell when it went to 4pm cause when the bell rang for the end of the day we just sat there with an hour left. I kept thinking lucky people. Now I've gotta study for engineering and I wanna do well in it. Wish me luck! After that exam is finished, I have three school days off but I think I'll be going into school on Thursday to do art then going in again on Monday. I really need to talk to my art teacher about it XD

Anyway. Byeeee. Have a good remaining exam period to those who also have exams.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2018, 03:14:26 pm »
Three exams in two days is brutal. Nice work! 👊

Good luck for tomorrow. :)

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2018, 06:15:46 pm »
+3
*Jumps up and down happily*

I FINISHED TRIALS THIS AFTERNOON. You don't know how relieved I am, I thought they'd never end! Today, I came home and sat on my butt for the rest of the afternoon. I haven't done that since before trials!

My engineering teacher started marking the multiple choice at the end of our exam and he asked me if I wanted to give it to him to mark and I was like HELL NA. I'd just like to not know any results until I go back to school. I'd just like to rest and sleep! But alas, I have to go to school tomorrow to do art. Well I don't have to but ya know. I want to. I spoke to my teacher today and she was like 'I'm stressing about a lot of the people in the class'. I asked her if she was gonna be there tomorrow and she said yes so I hope to gain some info.

*Continues happy dance*

TRIALS ARE FINISHED. I CAN FINALLY SLEEP WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT SCHOOL!!!! Sooo happy rn. You should have seen the smiles on my friends faces after most of us finished trials this afternoon. Now three days off! Time to relax before we get back to school next Tuesday! Also, we have a disco next Wednesday and it's our last one ever. It's really sad to think about that. Last disco we went as the Power-puff girls and this time our theme is thrift shop.

Anyway. I've been addicted to these songs:
Hold me Down - Halsey
Control - Halsey

They popped up on my recommended playlist on Spotify. I've heard a few of Halsey's other songs but I've never loved them as much as I do now.

Imma go because I don't want to talk about school anymore. Gah I feel like a weight has lifted off my shoulders!!!

StudyBuddyKJ

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2018, 08:21:21 pm »

I FINISHED TRIALS THIS AFTERNOON. You don't know how relieved I am, I thought they'd never end! Today, I came home and sat on my butt for the rest of the afternoon. I haven't done that since before trials!

My engineering teacher started marking the multiple choice at the end of our exam and he asked me if I wanted to give it to him to mark and I was like HELL NA. I'd just like to not know any results until I go back to school. I'd just like to rest and sleep! But alas, I have to go to school tomorrow to do art. Well I don't have to but ya know. I want to. I spoke to my teacher today and she was like 'I'm stressing about a lot of the people in the class'. I asked her if she was gonna be there tomorrow and she said yes so I hope to gain some info.

*Continues happy dance*

TRIALS ARE FINISHED. I CAN FINALLY SLEEP WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT SCHOOL!!!! Sooo happy rn. You should have seen the smiles on my friends faces after most of us finished trials this afternoon. Now three days off! Time to relax before we get back to school next Tuesday! Also, we have a disco next Wednesday and it's our last one ever. It's really sad to think about that. Last disco we went as the Power-puff girls and this time our theme is thrift shop.

Anyway. I've been addicted to these songs:
Hold me Down - Halsey
Control - Halsey

They popped up on my recommended playlist on Spotify. I've heard a few of Halsey's other songs but I've never loved them as much as I do now.

Imma go because I don't want to talk about school anymore. Gah I feel like a weight has lifted off my shoulders!!!

Congrats on finishing trials! I am still going through mine and I lowkey wanna die

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2018, 10:52:18 am »

Great work! You definitely deserve a rest. :)

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2018, 03:42:47 pm »
+3
Hey everyone. It's almost the end of the first week back to school and let me tell you it's been absolute shit.

I've gotten two trials back and I was so close to crying in both those subjects. Goodbye Band 6 in ancient history! I got 66/100, 18 for Pompeii and Herc, 17 for athens, 15 for caesar and 16 for Rome. I thought I did okay but HOW am I going to improve and remember all the fricken content. I was pushed from my 2nd to a 4th as my final rank for the internals. Great.

I also got maths back. It was a little predictable though. I got 55.5/100. Its a 5.5 mark improvement from my half yearlies but UGGHHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH. I want to cry and scream at the world but I can't let it out. Just wait till I get all my other shit marks back. Religion and english are coming next week, art teacher says we'll get it back once we hand in our majors and engineering (WHO BLOODY KNOWS).

Anyway, last night was the last ever disco I will ever attend at school. It was pretty good, they always have this thing at the end of the disco where theres the last song and its just for the year 12's but all the juniors tried to get into our circle thing (It's tradition) then after that song ended we did the school war cry. Then after the disco we all went to maccas. The worst thing about that night was I couldn't get to sleep afterwards and I vomited but what can ya do?

I've got so much to do. I have an engineering assessment due tomorrow. WISH ME LUCK! My major. GAAHHH. Thats due in less than 2 weeks. great.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2018, 04:04:45 pm »

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2018, 04:51:30 pm »
+2
Semper Paratus Mercy Benilde
Sheridan McAuley Axe we wield
La Salle Norton Fire and Soul
Honour courage Red blue gold
Lightning thunder Never die
Sheahan Sheahan Sheahan High!

Thats our war cry :D we pretty much yell it.