Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 11:28:07 pm

Author Topic: My Year 12 Life - Class of 2018  (Read 43136 times)

Caitlynk_22

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +238
Re: My Year 12 Life - Class of 2018
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2018, 04:18:14 pm »
+3
Hi everyone! Today is the first day of official holidays (If you don't count the weekend) and I slept IN. Gah. It feels so good to sleep in knowing you don't have to go to school for the next two weeks. Then again, it only reminds me of all the shit I have to do before holidays finish.

I am going to aim to do more active things this holidays (Gotta look good for Grad) and I want to get back into practising my piano more because Year 12 has sucked my time dry. I want to learn some popular songs cause my teachers so classical. Any recommendations? I finished AMEB Grade 4 last year which I'm so glad about. I am never going to a piano exam ever again (Mainly cuz I'm finishing school and its expensive).

Anyway. You want me to talk about school work? I won't because I just did the 2009 HSC paper and am dead. I also started looking at my related text for english and thought about Art. Yes I thought about it. I didn't do it. I FEEL SO LAZYYY. I have to cook my brother dinner tonight  >:(

OK BYE.

WAIT. I forgot. I got ancient back. I'm happy but it could have been better. I got 20/25 for the essay and 18.5/25 for the in class part. Fingers crossed that my 2nd position is still all good.
2018 - HSC - My HSC Journal 2018
2019 - Gap Year - Cert 3 @ TAFE My Gap Year Journal
2020 - 2022 B of Design (Architecture) @ UoN My University Journal

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2018, 12:27:21 pm »
+5
I start school again tomorrow and I feel like I've done heaps but not enough. Trials start in week 3 and I'm super nervous. I just gotta put my head down and do schoolwork. Anyway. I am almost finished my 5th sculpture for art which is good but I've been going so slow this holidays because I've had to do so much other stuff.

I better get to it. I'm going to finish the sculpture today because I have to take most of my stuff back into school. I also have to think about how I'm going to display my artwork. I may attach pictures of my sculptures soon, since most of them are at school.

I am doing my hazard perception test tomorrow afternoon and I'm super nervous that I'm gonna fail. I've practised so much! Anyway, take to you all tomorrow. I'll tell you how my first day of my last term went. ONLY TEN WEEKS TO GO OH MY GODDDDD.

I'll stop stressing now (That's probs never gonna happen)

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2018, 06:04:07 pm »
+3
So. Today was absolute shit. Not that the events were shit, how I felt was shit. Excuse the excess of shits.

This afternoon, I passed the Hazard Perception test which was good but I met my driving instructor while I was there and just looking at him made me cringe a little on the inside. *Thought bubble* reverse parallel park. NOOOO *thought bubble* So I smiled and waved.

I kept yawning today as well. I don't think I've gotten up before seven since the end of the school term. Gosh, I am so tired. I had to sit through every subject yawning. It was terrible. 6th period math comes along and I'm sitting there yawning my head off. I couldn't concentrate what so ever. Except, I heard when he said 'the people not paying attention need to pay attention because we all know most that aren't paying attention are the bottom of the cohort' (Or something like that). But ya know.

I also booked my Driving Test for the 7th and I'm literally so nervous. It's after my second english trial which is ok because I've got a day off on the Wednesday.

Anyway, I have this killer headache right now and I should stop typing because dinner is almost ready! Its crumbed steak. One of my favourites!!!!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2018, 06:19:28 pm »
+1
Crumbed steak. I don't even know what that is tbh haha but it's making me hungry!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2018, 08:29:12 pm »
Crumbed steak. I don't even know what that is tbh haha but it's making me hungry!

You don't know what crumbed steak is???????? It's like steak but flatter and has crumbs on the outside (I have no idea what in the crumb but it makes steak taste amazing). It's literally the only version of steak I actually like. XD

P.s IT WAS SO GOOD :D

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2018, 09:46:33 am »
You don't know what crumbed steak is???????? It's like steak but flatter and has crumbs on the outside (I have no idea what in the crumb but it makes steak taste amazing). It's literally the only version of steak I actually like. XD

P.s IT WAS SO GOOD :D

Like - schnitzel? Haha.

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2018, 11:09:20 am »
+1
Like - schnitzel? Haha.

Yes! It's good, you should try it!

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2018, 12:51:26 pm »
+2
    Hiiii everyone!

Pupil free day today because we didn't have one on Monday. I'm so glad. I was literally begging for another holiday because I'm already so exhausted. 11 days till trials begin and I feel so unprepared.
    • I've written all my essays for English, I just gotta remember the quotes.
    • I have written all my artworks and artists for art.
    • I've done a couple of sections of past HSC papers for ancient.
    • I've done a few HSC papers these past few weeks for math.
    • We've been doing Engineering revision in class while I've been struggling to get the assessment done (Was moved to 24th August cuz someone messed up).
  • I feel as if I've completely neglected SOR which is on the Monday of the second week. I'm going to start for it on the weekend. I've got my notes for it so it should be good.]

Fingers crossed that I actually feel prepared for trials because if I don't feel prepared then I stress and freak out like I did in my maths half-yearly. Anyway, I'm going to go have some lunch and then get some maths done. I got a section of an Ancient his paper done this morning, finished my palm cards for the artist/artworks. Might not seem productive but I'm proud of myself actually doing so much before mid-day. I forced myself to get up before 9am.

Anyway. Good luck everyone with the next few weeks. Really stressing about my major....

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2018, 04:28:23 pm »
+2
Just did half a math paper... cause they're three hours long and I don't really want to do the whole thing. Good news. I added up my score and got 58/60 for the first 5 sections. I know it gets harder but I'll do those on another day.

Byyeee

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2018, 08:33:19 pm »
+1
Hiiiiii. Me again!

I'm trying to fill out an application for an Official School Reference and I have to put down everything I've done the past four years at my school. Theres like certain sections:
 Academic involvement - TEAMS Stem comp
 Academic achievement - Got heaps of these thanks to some of my good results.
 Merit level - I'm level two thankfully
 Extra curricula - faith life
 Social justice/community involvement 
 Cultural
 Sporting - The only sporty thing I've done is the HPV team (Human powered vehicle team)
 Work experience - I have none.
 Positions of responsibility and other commitments. - I only have Peer Leader.

I need something else to put on there because I've only been at the school for four years (At the end of the year it'll be four). HELP. I have others on the sheet that I'm not bothered to list on here. I also got my UAC pin today and am excited to start applying for uni. I really want this reference from the school as my resume is really bare.

I think I'm on track for my major. Gooood. I have almost 6 sculptures done and am doing another one during trials since I'll have time to finish them.
Every other subject is also going well, I just hope I'm working hard enough!

I should go. I'm really tired. I spent 2 hours at school this afternoon doing art. One of my art teachers gave me a mars bar ^_^

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2018, 09:31:24 pm »
+2
Hi everyone. I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday.

So you remember that English essay that I did during the holidays? Yeah, I got it back. I think it's safe to say I'm pretty happy. I got 15/20 one of my better results this year. The average in the form was 13/20 so I think I did pretty good!

I started another two sculptures during my double period on Tuesday in art. They're about half the size so I should be able to get them done. All will be well in the world of sculpture! Anyway.

I better go. I've been working on schoolwork for a while. I almost have my hours for my L's (Literally an hour left) and my P's test is next week. So nervous for it. But I'm just keen to get in the car and drive. Ok bbyeee!
P.s Trials start next week and I feel like I'm gonna dieeeee.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2018, 04:48:20 pm »
So you remember that English essay that I did during the holidays? Yeah, I got it back. I think it's safe to say I'm pretty happy. I got 15/20 one of my better results this year. The average in the form was 13/20 so I think I did pretty good!

Awesome work! 👊

P.S. Really keen to hear how your driving test goes. Fingers crossed for you!

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2018, 12:02:53 pm »
Awesome work! 👊

P.S. Really keen to hear how your driving test goes. Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you so much!!!! I'll try my best!

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2018, 12:08:39 pm »
+2
So.... trials start tomorrow.........

I think it *might* be okay. I think. I'M SO NERVOUS. I think I'm set for paper 1 of English but paper 2 ommmgggggggggggg.
I should be studying right now. But its just worrying me so much. My friend was texting me this morning and worrying about and I was like 'Stop, just take one exam at a time.' We're all stressing. It makes me want to go back in time to do more in the holidays. I think I'll be glad to get everything over and done with.
I better shut up now. Byeee, I'll tell you how everything goes tomorrow after the exam. I have to stay at school till school finishes cause I don't have my license. Fingers crossed thats gonna change on Tuesday.

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2018, 12:12:28 pm »
Good luck!! You'll smash it - just think about how you'll feel after you've done the exam :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW