Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

September 29, 2026, 01:05:53 am

Author Topic: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)  (Read 77015 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

simplicity123

  • Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • **
  • Posts: 50
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2010, 10:26:25 pm »
comm/law monash!

vexx

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3965
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2010, 10:28:39 pm »
No. You can only do a graduate course with an undergraduate degree.

^ yes but if you don't do it at melb and got 99+ you aren't guaranteed entry and it's much more competitive, rather if you stay at unimelb you have that 'guaranteed scheme'.
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

lynt.br

  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • ****
  • Posts: 652
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2010, 10:38:48 pm »

simpak

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3587
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2010, 10:50:18 pm »
No. You can only do a graduate course with an undergraduate degree.

^ yes but if you don't do it at melb and got 99+ you aren't guaranteed entry and it's much more competitive, rather if you stay at unimelb you have that 'guaranteed scheme'.


Yeah but there are still downsides to the guaranteed entry pathway.
For instance, I want to do the JD after I finish Media Com but I'm still going to go through the mainstream application process despite guaranteed entry because even if I defer payment I am not entirely sure that I will be able to afford a full fee paying place - which is all you're guaranteed with a 99+ ENTER.
I'd rather take a shot at the CSP as well.
2009 ENTER: 99.05
2014: BSci Hons (Microbiology/Immunology) at UoM
2015+: PhD (Immunology) at UoM

Akirus

  • Guest
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2010, 10:51:19 pm »
No. You can only do a graduate course with an undergraduate degree.

I know, but you don't have to do it at Melb to do their graduate courses, right?

For example, lets say I do biomed at Monash, I could still apply for MD at Melbourne once I'm done.

steph753

  • Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • **
  • Posts: 160
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2010, 10:53:10 pm »
I got Arts at Monash Caulfield :)

vexx

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3965
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2010, 10:54:16 pm »
No. You can only do a graduate course with an undergraduate degree.

I know, but you don't have to do it at Melb to do their graduate courses, right?

For example, lets say I do biomed at Monash, I could still apply for MD at Melbourne once I'm done.

yeah this is true.

but if your aiming for 99.90 and want to go grad med (not full-fee), definitely melb is the way to go.
the MD is going to be probably the most prestigious med school - that being the most difficult to get into.
so if your really keen: definitely having an advantage like the 'no gamsat' is very helpful
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

Akirus

  • Guest
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2010, 10:58:54 pm »
No. You can only do a graduate course with an undergraduate degree.

I know, but you don't have to do it at Melb to do their graduate courses, right?

For example, lets say I do biomed at Monash, I could still apply for MD at Melbourne once I'm done.

yeah this is true.

but if your aiming for 99.90 and want to go grad med (not full-fee), definitely melb is the way to go.
the MD is going to be probably the most prestigious med school - that being the most difficult to get into.
so if your really keen: definitely having an advantage like the 'no gamsat' is very helpful

Personally, if I wanted to do med I would do the Science scholarship at Monash and finish it in 2 years.

I'm not really interested in med though, so I was just throwing this out there for the people that are.

vexx

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3965
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2010, 11:03:30 pm »
No. You can only do a graduate course with an undergraduate degree.

I know, but you don't have to do it at Melb to do their graduate courses, right?

For example, lets say I do biomed at Monash, I could still apply for MD at Melbourne once I'm done.

yeah this is true.

but if your aiming for 99.90 and want to go grad med (not full-fee), definitely melb is the way to go.
the MD is going to be probably the most prestigious med school - that being the most difficult to get into.
so if your really keen: definitely having an advantage like the 'no gamsat' is very helpful

Personally, if I wanted to do med I would do the Science scholarship at Monash and finish it in 2 years.

I'm not really interested in med though, so I was just throwing this out there for the people that are.

i spoke to melbourne uni, they told me that it needs to be a minimum degree of 3 years. it sucksss, i considered monash's science scholar program too :(
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

Akirus

  • Guest
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2010, 11:13:52 pm »
No. You can only do a graduate course with an undergraduate degree.

I know, but you don't have to do it at Melb to do their graduate courses, right?

For example, lets say I do biomed at Monash, I could still apply for MD at Melbourne once I'm done.

yeah this is true.

but if your aiming for 99.90 and want to go grad med (not full-fee), definitely melb is the way to go.
the MD is going to be probably the most prestigious med school - that being the most difficult to get into.
so if your really keen: definitely having an advantage like the 'no gamsat' is very helpful

Personally, if I wanted to do med I would do the Science scholarship at Monash and finish it in 2 years.

I'm not really interested in med though, so I was just throwing this out there for the people that are.

i spoke to melbourne uni, they told me that it needs to be a minimum degree of 3 years. it sucksss, i considered monash's science scholar program too :(

Ah, I see. Thanks for that info.

simpak

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3587
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2010, 11:29:52 pm »
Hey guys, what was the cut off for Engineering at Melbourne?
2009 ENTER: 99.05
2014: BSci Hons (Microbiology/Immunology) at UoM
2015+: PhD (Immunology) at UoM

Edmund

  • Dr. Ruler Snapper
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1849
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2010, 11:30:22 pm »
Hey guys, what was the cut off for Engineering at Melbourne?
84.7 I think
2007-2008 VCE ATAR 90.15
2009-2011 BSc (Unimelb)
2012-2015 DDS (Unimelb)

Booksale: Drugs That Shape Society, Forests in a Global Context

simpak

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3587
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2010, 11:33:53 pm »
Hey guys, what was the cut off for Engineering at Melbourne?
84.7 I think

...Right?  But my friend got an ENTER of 90, and it was her second preference and she got her third preference.
I don't understand how this could work.
Are you sure 84.7 wasn't fringe?  Because I seem to recall it not telling anybody what the clearly in was in the paper.
I remember a '-' in the column?
2009 ENTER: 99.05
2014: BSci Hons (Microbiology/Immunology) at UoM
2015+: PhD (Immunology) at UoM

Edmund

  • Dr. Ruler Snapper
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1849
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2010, 11:35:14 pm »
Hey guys, what was the cut off for Engineering at Melbourne?
84.7 I think

...Right?  But my friend got an ENTER of 90, and it was her second preference and she got her third preference.
I don't understand how this could work.
Are you sure 84.7 wasn't fringe?  Because I seem to recall it not telling anybody what the clearly in was in the paper.
I remember a '-' in the column?
84.7 is the fringe.. It doesn't say the cutoff =/
2007-2008 VCE ATAR 90.15
2009-2011 BSc (Unimelb)
2012-2015 DDS (Unimelb)

Booksale: Drugs That Shape Society, Forests in a Global Context

simpak

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3587
Re: VTAC OFFERS (Class of 2009)
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2010, 11:36:34 pm »
Wicked.  It went up like, 6 then?  Interesting.
2009 ENTER: 99.05
2014: BSci Hons (Microbiology/Immunology) at UoM
2015+: PhD (Immunology) at UoM