Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 07:14:32 am

Author Topic: Easy High 40's for P.E. Possible?  (Read 19577 times)  Share 

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +66
Re: Easy High 40's for P.E. Possible?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 07:04:36 pm »
Looks fairly descent, to ensure top marks, I have memorised all details, from the adults, adolescent and childhood participation rates which include;

Adult;
- 1999-2000 clinical studies showed that 57% of the Austrlaian population were engaging in sufficient physical activity, which was a decrease from the 62% which participated in 1997 (Like I said above)
- Through these findings this also found that there was an increase in inactivity raising from 13% to 15% from 1997 to 1999-2000
- The most active subgroup were aged between 18-29
- The least active subgroup were aged between 45-59, with roughly 50% being sufficiently active
- Studies also showed that men (60%) were more active than women (54%), although men had the biggest decline during this period

Adolescents;
- It was found that 23% of adolescent teenagers didn’t participate in physical activity
- From the proportion that did participate, 51% of them were involved in moderate-intensity physical activity
- Adequate participation was defined as 3.5 hours of moderate-intensity physical activity over 5 sessions in a week.
- Vigorous - intensity was defined as 3 sessions a week for 20 minutes
- It was found that boys and girls are more active in summer months - This could be due to school holidays, and the enjoyment of being in the sun
- It was found that having a higher education lead to a higher participation in sport

Children;
- During 2003, 1.6 million participated in organised sport outside of school hours, with boys having a larger participation rate than girls
- 5-6 yr olds would average 4 hours a day of physical activity
- 10-12 yr olds would average 2 hours a day of physical activity
- 25% of 10-12 yr olds participated in 40 minutes of vigorous activity a day, with the least active group managing less than 10 minutes per day

Thank you! this is really helpful.. That's like a part of my homework done haha!

We've started off pretty slowly only half-way through chapter 1. We did AoS1 for homework though. The first 3 chapters are pretty boring but it does get better.

The trends are logical so that doesnt take much effort to remember. The specific data for frequency, intensity, type, duration, for each of the groups (children & youth, adults, obese, overweight children) is a little harder to remember but ive got a picture of the table in my head somehow. :P

Keep telling yourself that this area of study is the most interesting thing you will ever do, think positive, and the info will be more likely to stick.

We should make a thread where we share the key knowledge of each AoS (A thread for each AoS). Adding to it is another way of revising and it will be a good resource for revision later on in the year.

Haha that's actually a pretty good idea, i'll feign enthusiasm and interest and hopefully i'll trick myself. Perhaps we will make that thread soon!

I dont think this is how it works, with the dot points youve listed regarding percentages. On SACs' and exams' graphs are more likely to be provided and from there we'll need to analyse the data.

well we had homework to do exactly what he has just done (we have a sac involving it i think), but im sure that small post i had up above with the trends would be sufficent for exams then?
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

brian77

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 09:45:56 pm »
wow aqualim, too hardcore, though seriously i don't think you need to do all that memorising. i don't think there was such a question involving recall of those facts/statements. but good on ya for being so dedicated! =D good luck in all your PE endeavours!
Physical Education: 50

English 45 > 45.09
Maths Methods 44 > 47.45
Chemistry 48 > 49.35
Biology 47 > 47.83
Japanese SL 40 > 47.19

ENTER 99.75

Vadnal

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 10:43:44 am »
Yeah I don't think those statistics are really required either, as long as you have a rough understanding, ie can explain participation has dropped and why, you should be sweet. But, kudos to going crazy on the facts :D
2009: IT Applications
2010: Chemistry | Literature | Methods (CAS) | Physical Education | Health and Human Development
ATAR required: 86, ATAR aim: 90+

Aqualim

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 06:17:06 pm »
Haha cheers guys, I know there won't be a question asking something like, 'What percentage of males participated during 1999?' or something like that, but it's good to be prepared just in case.. Hopefully looking at Acing this first SAC :P You can't take chances in VCE

In summary, the amount of participation has decreased from 1997 to 2000, either due to domestic roles, part-time jobs or because people basically can't be bothered with exercise. (won't write that though) haha

Aqualim

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 06:23:47 pm »
wow aqualim, too hardcore, though seriously i don't think you need to do all that memorising. i don't think there was such a question involving recall of those facts/statements. but good on ya for being so dedicated! =D good luck in all your PE endeavours!

Cheers man, I just want your score and I'll be satisfied :)

herzy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 09:46:53 pm »
lol seconded, no need to memorise all that, just an idea of the trends (not statistics - e.g. higher in males, kids etc -all pretty obvious once you read it once)
2009 ENTER = 99.85
2010 - Science/Law at Monash

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 10:36:07 pm »
lol seconded, no need to memorise all that, just an idea of the trends (not statistics - e.g. higher in males, kids etc -all pretty obvious once you read it once)

what trends do we really need to know?
the ones that i wrote on the first page of this thread are okay then?
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

Aqualim

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 10:45:02 pm »

what trends do we really need to know?
the ones that i wrote on the first page of this thread are okay then?

Basically yeah;
- PA is higher during childhood and youth,and early adulthood
- Higher education leads to a higher participation in physical activity
- Males have the highest participation rate
- The biggest decline was between 1997 and 1999-2000
- PA declines from the age of 29 and onwards (roughly)
- 45-59 have the lowest participation in PA (about half meet the requirements)

I think thats it, well from memory that is

EDIT: Forgot that PA is higher in summer than it is in winter
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 10:48:52 pm by Aqualim »

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 11:04:05 pm »
^oh i see, awesome thanks:)

herzy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 12:24:38 am »
again, seconded :P

the dates (1997 etc) you probs wouldnt even need to know
i also linked it in with the NPAG cos we learnt that these trends prompted/shaped the NPAGs. so we also learnt that decreased PA in children --> decreased PA in adults, and a few others. they're logic though so i dont know if you need to memorise them.

oh there was an interesting point about children and physical activity, about how if they played sport at lunch they were less likely to after school? something like that, that they always do about the same amount of PA...
2009 ENTER = 99.85

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 12:40:16 am »
again, seconded :P

the dates (1997 etc) you probs wouldnt even need to know
i also linked it in with the NPAG cos we learnt that these trends prompted/shaped the NPAGs. so we also learnt that decreased PA in children --> decreased PA in adults, and a few others. they're logic though so i dont know if you need to memorise them.

oh there was an interesting point about children and physical activity, about how if they played sport at lunch they were less likely to after school? something like that, that they always do about the same amount of PA...

hmm yeah i think that stuff is pretty basic, from reading the summary on the other page and the textbook, i think i have a pretty good understanding of the basic trends (least/most participation age groups, just under a quatre of adolescents do no physical activity, 5-6 year olds average 4+hrs per day whereas 10-12 year olds averaged 2hrs, etc..) i hope thats right but our first sac we need to know all this stuff apparently as it's just on chapter 1..

herzy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 01:10:13 am »
fair enough yeah sacs are a little different, they tend to be more specific than is strictly necessary (cos they need enough stuff to put on a 45 minute class test...)
2009 ENTER = 99.85

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 01:31:47 am »
fair enough yeah sacs are a little different, they tend to be more specific than is strictly necessary (cos they need enough stuff to put on a 45 minute class test...)

yeah exactly, i actually think ours is an hour or so just on chapter one haha so i think it'll have heaps of data interpretation with a needed knowledge of all that trend stuff. im sure it wont be too bad :)

Aqualim

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 07:49:56 am »

yeah exactly, i actually think ours is an hour or so just on chapter one haha so i think it'll have heaps of data interpretation with a needed knowledge of all that trend stuff. im sure it wont be too bad :)

Really? our first SAC will be on chapters 1-3, so hopefully they will focus more on covering everything rather than going into extreme detail. (although I'm pretty covered if they do go in detail anyway :) ) Should be interesting to see what kind of things will be on it

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 03:22:10 pm »

Really? our first SAC will be on chapters 1-3, so hopefully they will focus more on covering everything rather than going into extreme detail. (although I'm pretty covered if they do go in detail anyway :) ) Should be interesting to see what kind of things will be on it

i'm not too sure to be honest, but it's just on chapter three (the first two study design points) it seems rather simple which is good, just got to finish my notes and such :)
yeah i don't really like extreme detail for the sacs especially if it isn't too relevant for the exams.