Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2024, 08:05:05 am

Author Topic: JMSS Entry For 2018  (Read 436053 times)  Share 

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
  • Respect: +20
Re: JMSS Entry For 2018
« Reply #1950 on: September 16, 2017, 08:41:35 pm »
I pretty much have the quadratic formula stuck in my head. Do we need to also know the discriminant?

I mean, if you know the quadratic formula, then you already know the discriminant formula. I think it'll be on the test XD

Edit:
To any JMSS student,
Hey is it okay to "politely trespass" on JMSS property over the weekend/holiday? I'm going to learn the route soon and I want to walk around the school. Am I going to get kicked out or anything like that? (I'm kinda paranoid that they'll kick me out of the school entirely and give my spot to someone else XD, which probably won't happen, but who knows)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 08:54:36 pm by Shadestache »
When faced with a problem, you either find a way or an excuse.

begirodos18

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1951 on: September 16, 2017, 09:03:12 pm »
I mean, if you know the quadratic formula, then you already know the discriminant formula. I think it'll be on the test XD

Edit:
To any JMSS student,
Hey is it okay to "politely trespass" on JMSS property over the weekend/holiday? I'm going to learn the route soon and I want to walk around the school. Am I going to get kicked out or anything like that? (I'm kinda paranoid that they'll kick me out of the school entirely and give my spot to someone else XD, which probably won't happen, but who knows)

Yea i guess the discriminant will be on it . Going to the school on the weekend should be fine technically you can say that you are at Monash uni instead. But its fine unless you don't break into the actual school.

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #1952 on: September 16, 2017, 09:06:18 pm »
Going to the school on the weekend should be fine technically you can say that you are at Monash uni instead. But its fine unless you don't break into the actual school.

AHAH, nah I'm not going to break into the actual school (wink wink). The Monash Uni lie isn't going to work because I look young.

Appo

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1953 on: September 16, 2017, 09:10:51 pm »

AHAH, nah I'm not going to break into the actual school (wink wink). The Monash Uni lie isn't going to work because I look young.
If no one is at the school, you can walk around the front and stuff. But honestly, I think it's better you wait till you start the school where you will learn the way around jmss with your new friends (and not be that one guy that knows everything).

But nonetheless, you could probably drive past and walk around the front on a weekend.

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #1954 on: September 16, 2017, 09:14:24 pm »
If no one is at the school, you can walk around the front and stuff. But honestly, I think it's better you wait till you start the school where you will learn the way around jmss with your new friends (and not be that one guy that knows everything).

But nonetheless, you could probably drive past and walk around the front on a weekend.

I've been to JMSS like 4 times already XD I've only seen the front and inside of the building, so I wanted to check out some other areas.
I'm kinda worried that I'll get caught by a JMSS staff member XDD

Appo

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1955 on: September 16, 2017, 09:17:39 pm »
I've been to JMSS like 4 times already XD I've only seen the front and inside of the building, so I wanted to check out some other areas.
I'm kinda worried that I'll get caught by a JMSS staff member XDD
You won't be able to go inside but if you're outside I don't think anyone will care.

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #1956 on: September 16, 2017, 09:19:14 pm »
You won't be able to go inside but if you're outside I don't think anyone will care.

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
yaaaaaaaaaaaay

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #1957 on: September 16, 2017, 10:02:12 pm »
Hey how did u go with the co curricular achievements and your report. My report is sooooo bad how did you go? I just want to know how the others went.

I think it's my resume that saved my ass. I have a lot of co-curricular achievements and I showed a lot of enthusiasm (though, I stuffed up on one of the questions XD).

Appo

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1958 on: September 16, 2017, 10:03:42 pm »
I think it's my resume that saved my ass. I have a lot of co-curricular achievements and I showed a lot of enthusiasm (though, I stuffed up on one of the questions XD).
Don't think there's an actual right or wrong answer to any of the questions you answer.

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #1959 on: September 16, 2017, 10:05:53 pm »
Don't think there's an actual right or wrong answer to any of the questions you answer.

There's no right or wrong decision either, it's just that some lead to better consequences than others.
In my case it was "what do you like about your school?"
"uhhhh, not much."

Pro Tip: Don't be a derp like me XD

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #1960 on: September 16, 2017, 10:12:18 pm »
Does the report matter that much because my report was absolutely atrocious how was your one? Im just seeing ny chances for a second round.

My report was pretty good (though imo, I don't think it was that good). I got an academic award in Year 7 and a DUX award in Year 8.

begirodos18

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1961 on: September 16, 2017, 10:17:45 pm »
My report was pretty good (though imo, I don't think it was that good). I got an academic award in Year 7 and a DUX award in Year 8.
May I ask you what school you attend?

WhompingWillow

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #1962 on: September 16, 2017, 10:18:02 pm »
Did anyone that got into JMSS have a scholarship for their current school?

Chinese SL   Methods

English  Economics Spesh  Physics

meena.dream189

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1963 on: September 17, 2017, 07:01:32 am »

Wait by scholarship, do you mean like some accelerated program or something?

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #1964 on: September 17, 2017, 08:22:38 am »

I have a scholarship for my current school, but it's super crappy so I don't think it's that impressive haha.

Heyyy i've been year 7 and 8 dux too!! (hi-five)
2020 VCE
English [raw 50 + 60/60 exam score]
Literature [48]

Offering 2021 English and Literature tutoring + resources!