Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 08:57:39 am

Author Topic: Diet  (Read 20499 times)  Share 

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
Re: Diet
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2011, 02:29:55 am »
+1
Avoid trans fats at all costs, try and avoid saturated as much as possible.
Low carb/no carb dinners and high protein diets help fat loss.. Im pretty sure at leastXD
Im in Japan at the moment, soooo much good food, dirty bulk ftw
C'mon man, Japan is easily one of the healthiest country in the world.

Only someone who's never been to Japan would say that.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

kensan

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Do you even lift?
  • Respect: +20
  • School: L.C.
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2011, 12:34:01 pm »
+1
Low carb/no carb dinners and high protein diets help fat loss.. Im pretty sure at leastXD
hahahah, well there are so many sweets they have here that aren`t available in Australia, so it`s hard to eat healthy :P
Before western influene it was super health, like rice, vegetables and fish everyday. But now there`s fast food outlets everywhere so I think the standard has lowered.
But people are so polite here, like we were in the elevator with some mum, and when she got out, she bowed to us and exited haha.
2013: BSc at UoM

kensan

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Do you even lift?
  • Respect: +20
  • School: L.C.
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2011, 08:00:46 pm »
+1
I don`t know how they would feel haha, but I saw 3 of them in a group today :P
Yeah a lot of Japanese get married to Australians haha
2013: BSc at UoM

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2011, 12:28:03 pm »
+1
hahahah, well there are so many sweets they have here that aren`t available in Australia, so it`s hard to eat healthy :P
Before western influene it was super health, like rice, vegetables and fish everyday. But now there`s fast food outlets everywhere so I think the standard has lowered.
But people are so polite here, like we were in the elevator with some mum, and when she got out, she bowed to us and exited haha.
How would they feel if a black guy (me) appeared in the streets of Tokyo?

Do they accept interracial dating in Japan? *crosses-fingers*

You'll get stared at, but they still try to be polite about it by doing it when they think you can't tell.
The kids will openly stare though... too young for manners.
Happens to me too (white, blonde chick).

JellyDonut

• charlie sheen of AN
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2011, 01:28:34 pm »
Do they ~really~ refuse service to non-Japs or is that just a rumour?
It's really not that hard to quantify..., but I believe that being raped once is not as bad as being raped five times, even if the one rape was by a gang of people.

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2011, 02:49:28 pm »
Do they ~really~ refuse service to non-Japs or is that just a rumour?

*Shrugs*

No-one I know has ever been refused.

abd123

« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2011, 03:25:20 pm »
How would they feel if a black guy (me) appeared in the streets of Tokyo?

Do they accept interracial dating in Japan? *crosses-fingers*

You'll get stared at, but they still try to be polite about it by doing it when they think you can't tell.
The kids will openly stare though... too young for manners.
Happens to me too (white, blonde chick).

Does anyone have a cheat day (eat junk food all day) or a cheat meal (one junk food).

My cheat days are normally on friday (legs day), i'd start off with throwing in eggs, bacon and sausages. In the midday, i might head to maccas and order two big mac meals (without coke) and eat in one sitting, throughout the midday i woud eat chips like e.g. twisties, doritos, shapes and in the ending of the day i would finish with like a quarter of cookies/cream ice cream and chug down sum whey isolate or casein (slow digesting protein).

dat dere metobolism.

inb4 heart attack at the age of 21 and arteries blockage

Well i'm just a kid that enjoys 'my wonder emporium of glorious tasty foods' ;).

Bhootnike

• Chief Curry Officer
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Biggest Sharabi
  • Respect: +75
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2011, 03:30:17 pm »
I dont have cheat days but on the keto diet, friday arvo and saturday are carb load up days, so i pig out on rice, bread etc.
During the week though, strictly between 30 and 50g carbs!

Lollz your cheat day is quite a big one!!!! thats like my whole weeks carb intake... probs more hahah :p
2011: Biol - 42
2012: Spesh |Methods |Chemistry |English Language| Physics
2014: Physiotherapy
khuda ne jab tujhe banaya hoga, ek suroor uske dil mein aaya hoga, socha hoga kya doonga tohfe mein tujhe.... tab ja ke usne mujhe banaya hoga

abd123

« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2011, 03:47:00 pm »
I dont have cheat days but on the keto diet, friday arvo and saturday are carb load up days, so i pig out on rice, bread etc.
During the week though, strictly between 30 and 50g carbs!

Lollz your cheat day is quite a big one!!!! thats like my whole weeks carb intake... probs more hahah :p
A lot of my friends in school think its 'BS' that i would ever that much food in a days worth, seriously having a cheat meal or a day would be good enough to flourish and regenerate your energy levels. All of my friends knows that i am a health nut because they always see me bringing turkey sandwichs and chicken sandwichs whilst they sink their fingers in a packet of twisties all day long and i have kept a good diet all year long and a really intense weight training regime. My metabolism is pretty good it came from my dad genetics he can also eat a lot but not gain much fat.

I usually put my cheat days on legs day, 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nspdp3lqA4-info on cheat days and meals

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +588
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2011, 03:56:23 pm »
+1
If I cheat I always make sure it's still within my macros, so one cheat meal = water and maybe tuna for the rest of the day haha. Usually doesn't exceed more than once/twice a forthnight though. I consider it a metabolism boost as well :P

+If I eat junk, I make sure that I do get a lot of protein out of it anyway (cheese, chicken)
vce: english, methods, spesh, chemistry, physics, geography.

ex admin/mod/partner

2010: Melbourne High School (VCE)
2011 - 2016: Monash University BComm/BEng (Hons)

If you guys have any concerns/suggestions for making ATARNotes a better place, don't hesitate to PM me.

Bhootnike

• Chief Curry Officer
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Biggest Sharabi
  • Respect: +75
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2011, 03:26:46 pm »
I have a jar of BSN Cheaters relief i got for free, and its meant to pretty much be used before and after a cheat meal, so that. .. i think its carbs are not stored in muscles/liver, and something to do with using them rather than storing them. so i guess i can afford cheat meals if i would like one :p
2011: Biol - 42
2012: Spesh |Methods |Chemistry |English Language| Physics
2014: Physiotherapy
khuda ne jab tujhe banaya hoga, ek suroor uske dil mein aaya hoga, socha hoga kya doonga tohfe mein tujhe.... tab ja ke usne mujhe banaya hoga

happycat

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2011, 08:15:58 pm »
I estimate that a punnet of strawberries is approx. 2 serves of fruit? I have to admit that I have trouble getting off coke which I wish to do. I drink hot cocoa as a substitute but I'll always add suger to it as it's that Bournville brand which is very bitter on it's own and isn't cocoa supposed to be healthy(antioxidants)? I sure do enjoy nuts but avoid the salted ones. Don't want too much salt in my diet.