Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 05:26:10 am

Author Topic: P.E 3/4 Question Forum  (Read 15725 times)  Share 

MangoPengy

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
P.E 3/4 Question Forum
« on: March 06, 2013, 08:37:24 pm »
Hi,
  Just wanted to start a forum here for all the questions everyone has related to P.E 3/4 for 2013, since it'll be easier to keep track of questions and answers and avoid mass-production of 'topics'.

Hopefully, this forum page will be useful for those who have similar questions as well.

Thanks!  8)
                                                                                                              MangoPengy  ::)

First Question is: What advice can be given for a SAC (Case Study) that is written in 'report format' regarding Chapters 1-3? Is there any way to obtain past SACs for Outcome 1? Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:49:49 am by MangoPengy »

ilovepeandbio

Re: MangoPengy's P.E 3/4 Question Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 08:46:47 pm »
Hey fellow PE student! check the study design and look at the outcomes for AOS 1.

Important things to remember are:

The National guidelines to PA, these are so vital, you should be able to recall them in your sleep!

Know the subjective and objective measures of PA and for each measure know 2 or 3 advantages and disadvantages. Take note of the dimensions they measure, this again is so vital.

The SE model is extremely important, you need to be able to apply it to a random setting using the 4 levels of influence.
Also know how to draw one up. Ask yourself why is it important to target multiple levels of influence rather than just one.....AND finally....

Understand the settings used to promote physical activity: school, community and workplace be able to apply this and be able to name some strategies used to promote PA in these settings.

Best of luck!! My sac is in 5 days I think, when is your sac?

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +21
  • School: Westbourne Grammar School
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:53:02 pm »
+1
Hi,
  Just wanted to start a forum here for all the questions I have related to P.E 3/4 for 2013, since it'll be easier to keep track of questions and answers and avoid mass-production of 'topics'.

Hopefully, this forum page will be useful for those who have similar questions as well.

Thanks!  8)
                                                                                                              MangoPengy  ::)

First Question is: What advice can be given for a SAC (Case Study) that is written in 'report format' regarding Chapters 1-3? Is there any way to obtain past SACs for Outcome 1? Thanks.

Hey im not quite sure what you mean by case study, im assuming you mean you will probably get a program and have to answer questions on and focus heavily on the socio-ecological model.
I dont have any sacs to give you but why dont you get some books. I recommed getting the A+ practice exams questions, they are brillant also the checkpoints books is very good.

Ask any questions you like :) :)
2011: Bio [36]
2012: Legal [42] PE [43] Chem [33] English [40] Methods [25] 
ATAR: 93.30
2013: B. Arts at Monash University
2014: Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Arts at Monash

lala1911

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 10:50:50 pm »
Is this an open question thread? I'd start my own thread, but I thought it may be easier to just post here.

I'm having difficulties understanding what contributes to the resynthesis of ATP? I'm confused as hell, at one second it's ATP > P > P > P, next minute it's ADP and CP, next hour it's PC and CP..

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 11:12:29 pm »
+1
Is this an open question thread? I'd start my own thread, but I thought it may be easier to just post here.

I'm having difficulties understanding what contributes to the resynthesis of ATP? I'm confused as hell, at one second it's ATP > P > P > P, next minute it's ADP and CP, next hour it's PC and CP..

everyone ask your questions here, makes it easier for everyone :)

Ok resynthesis of ATP:
- ATP consists of adenosine and three phosphate molecules
- When the last phosphate molecule breaks off you get ADP, Pi (which is inorganic phosphate) and the energy produced when this phosphate molecule breaks off
- Thus to make more energy the ADP must then reconnect with another phosphate molecule so it can break off again and produce more energy
- The synthesis of this last phosphate molecule can come directly from PC (phosphocreatine) or from otehr food sources such as carb, fats, protein

Does this make sense?

lala1911

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 11:31:37 pm »
everyone ask your questions here, makes it easier for everyone :)

Ok resynthesis of ATP:
- ATP consists of adenosine and three phosphate molecules
- When the last phosphate molecule breaks off you get ADP, Pi (which is inorganic phosphate) and the energy produced when this phosphate molecule breaks off
- Thus to make more energy the ADP must then reconnect with another phosphate molecule so it can break off again and produce more energy
- The synthesis of this last phosphate molecule can come directly from PC (phosphocreatine) or from otehr food sources such as carb, fats, protein

Does this make sense?
Right,
so when one of the three inorganic phosphate groups fall off, then ATP is converted to ADP and Pi?

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 11:33:38 pm »
+1
Right,
so when one of the three inorganic phosphate groups fall off, then ATP is converted to ADP and Pi?

Yes correct
ADP - adenosine diphosphate
Pi - inorganic phosphate (the phosphate that has broken off)
The energy that is created for muscular contractions comes from this breaking of, thats as much detail as you need to know :)

lala1911

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 11:36:11 pm »
Yes correct
ADP - adenosine diphosphate
Pi - inorganic phosphate (the phosphate that has broken off)
The energy that is created for muscular contractions comes from this breaking of, thats as much detail as you need to know :)
Thanks.. my initial thought about AOS2 was "f*** this", because my P.E class is full of biology students, who are lucky enough to be studying energy systems right now, in depth..

starting to pickup on this stuff now.. :P

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 11:38:55 pm »
Thanks.. my initial thought about AOS2 was "f*** this", because my P.E class is full of biology students, who are lucky enough to be studying energy systems right now, in depth..

starting to pickup on this stuff now.. :P

Yeah they do have a slight advanatge.
I did bio as well and I remember when others would be like "but why does __________ this occur" and I would know because I have done bio but that level of detail isnt needed in pe so teachers dont go into it. This extra knowledge isnt needed but may help you understand it better.

Just make sure you get a good understanding of energy systems because if you dont you will be screwed for the rest of unit 3 and AOS1 of unit 4 :P

lala1911

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 11:45:05 pm »
Yeah they do have a slight advanatge.
I did bio as well and I remember when others would be like "but why does __________ this occur" and I would know because I have done bio but that level of detail isnt needed in pe so teachers dont go into it. This extra knowledge isnt needed but may help you understand it better.

Just make sure you get a good understanding of energy systems because if you dont you will be screwed for the rest of unit 3 and AOS1 of unit 4 :P
Yeah btw did you do a practical report?
We're doing;
SAC1 = Written test (20 marks)
SAC2 = Practical report (30 marks) < can't imagine it being too hard at all, we did some practical sessions measuring how fast we can run in 5 seconds multiple times, multiple 50m sprints and a beep test. (we're pretty much just doing a prac report on that)

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 11:48:46 pm »
+1
Yeah btw did you do a practical report?
We're doing;
SAC1 = Written test (20 marks)
SAC2 = Practical report (30 marks) < can't imagine it being too hard at all, we did some practical sessions measuring how fast we can run in 5 seconds multiple times, multiple 50m sprints and a beep test. (we're pretty much just doing a prac report on that)

Nah never did a prac report, we actually hardly ever did actually pracs lol.
So sorry cant help you there :)

MangoPengy

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 10:25:47 pm »
Hey fellow PE student! check the study design and look at the outcomes for AOS 1.

Important things to remember are:

The National guidelines to PA, these are so vital, you should be able to recall them in your sleep!

Know the subjective and objective measures of PA and for each measure know 2 or 3 advantages and disadvantages. Take note of the dimensions they measure, this again is so vital.

The SE model is extremely important, you need to be able to apply it to a random setting using the 4 levels of influence.
Also know how to draw one up. Ask yourself why is it important to target multiple levels of influence rather than just one.....AND finally....

Understand the settings used to promote physical activity: school, community and workplace be able to apply this and be able to name some strategies used to promote PA in these settings.

Best of luck!! My sac is in 5 days I think, when is your sac?

Thank-you for your help! I think my SAC is next week? I forgot what date. Haha. I'll try and write up a table for each of those points! :)

lala1911

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 01:41:36 pm »
So can someone confirm this.
ATP-PC system:
- Uses PC and and muscular stores of ATP to produce energy.

Anaerobic gloycolysis system:
Anaerobic glcolysis system is fueled by Glycogen, which is broken down to Glucose and broken down to pyruvic acid. Although if there is no energy present then it is broken down to lactic acid which dissociates to lactate and hydrogen ions.

Aerobic energy system (carbohydrates):
Aerobic system is fueled by Glycogen, which is broken down to Glucose, which is then produced to Acetyl coenzyme A and broken down into the Krebs Cycle and then the electron transport chain.

Geez my book is crappy, only has diagrams..

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 03:28:09 pm »
So can someone confirm this.
ATP-PC system:
- Uses PC and and muscular stores of ATP to produce energy.

Anaerobic gloycolysis system:
Anaerobic glcolysis system is fueled by Glycogen, which is broken down to Glucose and broken down to pyruvic acid. Although if there is no energy present then it is broken down to lactic acid which dissociates to lactate and hydrogen ions.

Aerobic energy system (carbohydrates):
Aerobic system is fueled by Glycogen, which is broken down to Glucose, which is then produced to Acetyl coenzyme A and broken down into the Krebs Cycle and then the electron transport chain.

Geez my book is crappy, only has diagrams..

ATP-pc system is correct

In the anaerobic system it's because there is no oxygen not energy that causes pyric acid to be broken into lactate and hydrogen acids

Aerobic system is correct but don't need to know that level of detail that's more bio

jacknthebeanstalk

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 03:34:57 pm »
What are the differences between maximal and sub-maximal exercise?