Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 07:47:20 pm

Author Topic: HHD Discussion Thread 2014  (Read 39988 times)  Share 

mad_maxine

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +5
  • School: A random school
  • School Grad Year: 2014
HHD Discussion Thread 2014
« on: March 01, 2014, 04:59:31 pm »
+3
Hey y'all,

Created this discussion thread for HHD 2014 (thanks Rod :P) so we can discuss health-ish things like results, upcoming sacs, tackling swotvac, and any tips. Basically any form of conversation relating to the subject, so we don't clog up the question thread  :D :D

Thanks guys
MM

Penguuu

Re: HHD Discussion Thread 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 06:44:13 pm »
+1
Awesome idea haha!
So far this year Health as been my favourite subject. I've got a sac coming up on tuesday!! How about you?

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory
  • Respect: +101
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 06:52:46 pm »
+1
Yay! Great idea Maxine :).

Anchy, belief, snorlax, and other hhd 2014ers should join in!
2013-2014:| VCE
2015-2018:| Bachelor of Science (Neuroscience) @ UoM
2019-X:| Doctor of Dental Surgery (discontinued)
2019 -2021:| Master of Physiotherapy

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 06:54:01 pm »
+1
Awesome idea haha!
So far this year Health as been my favourite subject. I've got a sac coming up on tuesday!! How about you?
Good luck!

I get my results for my first SAC on monday, and then I have another SAC on Thursday ;'(.

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

mad_maxine

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 06:59:25 pm »
+1
Awesome idea haha!

Good luck for your sac! I love health too, it's a great subject and so interesting! The content addressed is so relevant to our everyday lives, I can't say that about too many subjects (lol especially not methods!!) I had my sac last Tuesday, it was a doozy but pretty happy with my score :)

Yay! Great idea Maxine :).

Anchy, belief, snorlax, and other hhd 2014ers should join in!

Hahaha thanks for the support, it's actually my very first thread!!

Yeah huge invite to all the other hhd 2014ers, c'mon guys!!  :D

Good luck!

I get my results for my first SAC on monday, and then I have another SAC on Thursday ;'(.

Whaaaaat another health sac?! That's crazy.

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 07:22:30 pm »
+1
Good luck for your sac! I love health too, it's a great subject and so interesting! The content addressed is so relevant to our everyday lives, I can't say that about too many subjects (lol especially not methods!!) I had my sac last Tuesday, it was a doozy but pretty happy with my score :)

Hahaha thanks for the support, it's actually my very first thread!!

Yeah huge invite to all the other hhd 2014ers, c'mon guys!!  :D

Whaaaaat another health sac?! That's crazy.
Our SACS are split;

1 A, 1 B
3 A 3B

So yeah 6 sacs for unit 3 and another 6 for unit 4 *cries*

He wants to do this so 'we get more exam practise'. But it's so hectic! haha

mad_maxine

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 07:39:24 pm »
+1
Our SACS are split;

1 A, 1 B
3 A 3B

So yeah 6 sacs for unit 3 and another 6 for unit 4 *cries*

He wants to do this so 'we get more exam practise'. But it's so hectic! haha

*cries in unison*

Snorlax

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Snore 'n relax
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 09:11:54 pm »
+1
Hahaha
Hi :)

First SAC completed like last week. (hopefully getting the result on the Monday)
I was really confused though...
The teachers took out an exam(checkpoint) question and put it into the SAC. It was a 4mark question in the exam, but only 2marks in the SAC. Didn't know how to answer it effectively.. *sigh*

Second SAC is probably on NHPAs (alone?) on the week of the 24th.

Not sure how i'll go for health this year.. a lot of rote learning (esp. TERMS. OMG.) Maybe it'll hit my bottom 4... who knows
2014:
ATAR: 99.96

2015:
B.Sc @ UniMelb
Neuroscience Major

2018:
????????

Penguuu

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 09:21:45 pm »
+1
First SAC completed like last week. (hopefully getting the result on the Monday)
Not sure how i'll go for health this year.. a lot of rote learning (esp. TERMS. OMG.) Maybe it'll hit my bottom 4... who knows

Good luck for your sac result :) Omg now my school seems so behind! We havent even started the NHPA's.
And yes i totally agree with you, there are so many definitions!! But i find health really relaxing to study for (hopefully it remains this way hahaha)

mad_maxine

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 09:36:48 pm »
+1
Hahaha
Hi :)

I was really confused though...
The teachers took out an exam(checkpoint) question and put it into the SAC. It was a 4mark question in the exam, but only 2marks in the SAC. Didn't know how to answer it effectively.. *sigh*

Hahaha yes rote learning is defs the way to go. Helped me immensely last year for everything. Good luck for finding out your sac result!

Good luck for your sac result :) Omg now my school seems so behind! We havent even started the NHPA's.
And yes i totally agree with you, there are so many definitions!! But i find health really relaxing to study for (hopefully it remains this way hahaha)

Love health. So therapeutic... Then I become a hypochondriac and think I'm going to get coronary heart disease or something unlikely. I find taking notes and memorizing content to be fairly easy for health, lets hope it stays that way!!!

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 04:32:43 pm »
+2
I did pretty gooooooooooooooooooood :). Next SAC is this Thursday, aiming high :D.

mad_maxine

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 04:50:19 pm »
+2
I did pretty gooooooooooooooooooood :). Next SAC is this Thursday, aiming high :D.

Yay!!!!! Congrats, very happy for u  :D told you you'd ace it!
Good luck for Thursday :)

Anyone else get their results back?

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 04:56:16 pm »
Yay!!!!! Congrats, very happy for u  :D told you you'd ace it!
Good luck for Thursday :)

Anyone else get their results back?
Thanks Maxine :). Great job on yours too. Good luck for the next one ;).

walkec

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 06:16:50 pm »
+2
I have my first SAC for HHD next tuesday after school. There was an issue with leaking content on one of the SACs last year so now all three classes have to sit the SAC at exactly the same time.

I actually love HHD so much. I find everything just clicks for me and it is definitely so relevant. I have really enjoyed learning about Indigenous Australians' because I went on a school trip to Central Australia last year. My teacher's absolutely amazing too, she's so organised and is a great teacher. She's the same teacher I had for 3/4 Food Tech last year and her teaching style suits me so well.

We start NHPA's next week - I honestly can't wait ;D

mad_maxine

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 07:13:52 pm »
+2
I have my first SAC for HHD next tuesday after school. There was an issue with leaking content on one of the SACs last year so now all three classes have to sit the SAC at exactly the same time.

I actually love HHD so much. I find everything just clicks for me and it is definitely so relevant. I have really enjoyed learning about Indigenous Australians' because I went on a school trip to Central Australia last year. My teacher's absolutely amazing too, she's so organised and is a great teacher. She's the same teacher I had for 3/4 Food Tech last year and her teaching style suits me so well.

We start NHPA's next week - I honestly can't wait ;D

:) good luck for your sac!!
It's good when things in a subject are relevant to our lives because it makes it so much more beneficial and fun to learn about. I also like the aspect of indigenous Australians. Our teacher said in an exam, ppl wrote things like they're "like this because they're lazy" and other crap like that. It's good taking into account all the factors and determinants as to why indigenous Aussies generally have a lower health status, because it helps us to understand their position and way of life better. Health and legal studies are really good in that respect.

Your teacher sounds great! I love my teacher too, she knows what she's on about and very knowledgable. Very fair marker and gives great feedback.

Good luck to everyone else who have upcoming sacs, and hope you're all enjoying health as much as I am!!!!  :)