Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 26, 2024, 09:24:42 am

Author Topic: Last-minute discussion, questions and tips about the HHD exam :)  (Read 22513 times)  Share 

JaidynLuke

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Last-minute discussion, questions and tips about the HHD exam :)
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2016, 06:41:30 pm »
Is anyone else learning the 'purpose' of DFAT?
2016: English, Health and Human Development, Business Management, History Revolutions, Informatics.

ATAR: Pending
ATAR aim: 94.0

MandhreeE

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2016, 06:41:42 pm »
+2
Thanks Heidi!!  ;D

Hey guys!!
For part a of this question from the 2014 exam, i chose access to education.
is this a good response for bii?

With increased access to education, more people are likely to gain access to contraceptive methods and safe sex education such as the use of condoms. Hence, the levels of HIV/AIDS is likely to decrease. As a result, life expectancy can rise on a global scale whilst global mortality and morbidity rates are likely to decrease.

This is a good response- but I feel like you could focus a bit more on education which is your main human right, perhaps by using an easier example. If I may, could i suggest some improvements?

Here is what I would write.
With increased access to education, individuals gain literacy and numeracy skills which enable them to understand information about healthier lifestyle and understand health messages. This means that fewer people are likely to contract communicable disease such as measles or tuberculosis, meaning that globally there is a decrease in morbidity and mortality rates associated with tuberculosis. This means that there are universal improvements in life expectancy contributing to improvements in global health on a worldwide scale.

That just an example i'm sure there a way better answers but i hope this helps :) :) You example was good though!!!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 06:45:58 pm by MandhreeE »

Steph.Y

• Trailblazer
  • School: St Mary's Coptic Orthodox College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2016, 06:46:08 pm »
This is a good response- but I feel like you don't focus enough on education which is your main human right. If I may, could i suggest some improvements?

Here is what I would write.
With increased access to education, individuals gain literacy and numeracy skills which enable them to understand information about healthier lifestyle and understand health messages. This means that fewer people are likely to contract communicable disease such as measles or tuberculosis, meaning that globally there is a decrease in morbidity and mortality rates associated with tuberculosis. This means that there are universal improvements in life expectancy contributing to improvements in global health on a worldwide scale.

That just an example i'm sure there a way better answers but i hope this helps :) :)

Thanks heaps!!! Hopefully i can whip up something like that for tomorrow!!! haha  ;D

MandhreeE

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2016, 06:48:27 pm »
+1
Thanks heaps!!! Hopefully i can whip up something like that for tomorrow!!! haha  ;D

YOU WILL! you have helped so much throughout this thread and provided some great explanations. You clearly know your stuff!! Have confidence you will do amazingly on the exam!!

imbak1

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2016, 06:50:17 pm »
a quick question
Do we need to know the ACTUAL programs that focuses on Health issues (WORD TO WORD)????!
Such as:
Malaria
Food security
HIV/AIDS and malaria
Safe water and sanitation
Immunisation
❤️ Don't Stress Calss of 2016 what's done is done for good. Be proud of what you have done. Because I know y'all SMASHED! It!!! ❤️

MandhreeE

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2016, 06:53:53 pm »
a quick question
Do we need to know the ACTUAL programs that focuses on Health issues (WORD TO WORD)????!
Such as:
Malaria
Food security
HIV/AIDS and malaria
Safe water and sanitation
Immunisation

To my understanding no. We have to be able to draw from existing program to create a believable program which COULD be implemented. Hope this helps! :)

imbak1

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2016, 07:02:21 pm »
To my understanding no. We have to be able to draw from existing program to create a believable program which COULD be implemented. Hope this helps! :)

Thanks so much.
❤️ Don't Stress Calss of 2016 what's done is done for good. Be proud of what you have done. Because I know y'all SMASHED! It!!! ❤️

Steph.Y

• Trailblazer
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2016, 07:17:24 pm »
YOU WILL! you have helped so much throughout this thread and provided some great explanations. You clearly know your stuff!! Have confidence you will do amazingly on the exam!!

Thanks so much love!! Honestly same goes, you've helped even more than i have  ;D
i hope you absolutely smash your exam tomorrow  ;)

hola

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2016, 07:51:08 pm »
Question; what is one key difference between the advice offered in the Healthy Eating Pyrmaid and Australian Guide to Healthy Eating? Could I say one encourages limitation of salt and sugar use whilst the other does not? Would that be sufficient for 2 marks?

allykaykay

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2016, 08:02:06 pm »
Hi Guys!
new-bie to star notes here hahaha,

2 questions i would love some help on!

1: in justifying program questions, whats the best way to go about it for 2 marks?

2: in a question like "identify one NGO and explain one way they work to reduce maternal mortality rates in a developing country like Somalia" (3 m)
Do you have to know specifics from a program to answer this? like World Vision? :)

nicnia

• Adventurer
  • School: Wyndham Central College
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2016, 08:03:16 pm »

Is it a possibility that they could ask for a specific program though??

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2016, 08:03:47 pm »
+1
Do we need to know the roles of the state govt (as well as the local and federal govts) for example
- Delivery of health services
- Regulatory responsiblities

Or can we just write 'take care of the delivery of public hospitals, psychiatric hospitals', etc.?
And do we need to know all five of the roles of the fed. govt.? (Administration of Medicare, Administration of PBS, quarantine, funding & regulation)

Thanks everyone so much!! :)

There are more Federal responsibilities than that haha, but knowing a few key examples for each (federal, state and local).   Some state ones are

-    provision and funding of public hospital services
-    provision (not funding, individuals pay) of ambulance services
-    provision of community health services (child, youth, family, school, dental, sexual health)
-    funding health promotion programs through bodies like VicHealth

I'd learn a couple as they may ask for more than one; also it's good to be a bit more specific than 'Delivery of health services/Regulatory responsiblities'. :)

Hey guys do I need to know advantages and disadvantages of the ottawa charter for health promotion as well as Vichealth?

Thanks in advance

Uhhh, I actually can't think of any off the top of my head hahahaha.  Maybe that the action areas aren't concrete enough? so it may be difficult to implement them? or maybe it doesn't focus enough on individuals and their specific condition?

Is anyone else learning the 'purpose' of DFAT?

I think I did, but I doubt you need it :) (oh lord I hope the exam doesn't prove me wrong ;))
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Steph.Y

• Trailblazer
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2016, 08:08:46 pm »
Question; what is one key difference between the advice offered in the Healthy Eating Pyrmaid and Australian Guide to Healthy Eating? Could I say one encourages limitation of salt and sugar use whilst the other does not? Would that be sufficient for 2 marks?
Healthy Eating Pyramid also says to enjoy herbs and spices and (at the bottom) promotes physical activity.

MandhreeE

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2016, 08:15:12 pm »
+1

Healthy Eating Pyramid also says to enjoy herbs and spices and (at the bottom) promotes physical activity.

Perhaps you could also talk about how the AGHE provides more detail in realation to food to eat compared to the HEP...

nicnia

• Adventurer
  • School: Wyndham Central College
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2016, 08:21:24 pm »
Also - if asked about the medicare levy/medicare levy surcharge - do we need to be able to list numbers? For example, a question asking about the medicare levy surcharge:
"...those who earn over 90,000 per year are taxed an extra 1% on top of their current tax for medicare..."
or can we just say
"...those who earn over a certain amount are taxed extra on top of their current tax for medicare..."