Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 02:48:20 pm

Poll

Who is applying for SEAS in 2008?

yes
53 (64.6%)
no
29 (35.4%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: SEAS poll, how many people are applying for it?  (Read 7738 times)  Share 

jess3254

Re: SEAS poll, how many people are applying for it?
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2008, 06:08:42 pm »
Hold on... oh now I'm confused.
I've had very disrupted schooling since prep (probably the after effects of the chemotherapy - my immune system has been crapped), and missed most of grade 1 due to problems like frequent asthma, SVT episodes and pneumonia. I was absolutely fine and in great health from year 5 - 10.

In year 11, I got GBS (Guillain Barre Syndrome), and was off school for a long while. I returned in 2008 and was fine.

In June this year (on the day of the GAT actually), I was admitted to hospital with viral meningitis. I missed a few weeks of school. I'm still recovering.

What the do I apply for? I've written my impact statement, but can I apply for special consideration AND SEAS? Can I claim illness as different circumstances yeah? God I wish our VCE coordinator wasn't away this week and next week.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:10:32 pm by jess3254 »

costargh

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2008, 06:28:23 pm »
Call up VTAC and ask them but from my understanding what you have described is a separate set of circumstances. You were ill prior to year 11 but then got sick again during year 11-12 from something differnt.

From my understanding you can apply for both but definitely check with someone who knows how the system works

Noblesse

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2008, 08:37:37 pm »
Applying for under-represented school :)

Monica

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2008, 08:40:02 pm »
lol category 2 for me too ^^ (non-english speaking background)

when i went to ask the coordinators for the scholarship booklet they all started coughing lol! XD

hey, it really contradicts that u're eligible for non-english speaking background but u did chines SLA last year. how does that work?
2008 VCE Enter 95.80
Bachelor of Commerce @ Melbourne University

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2008, 10:32:19 pm »
Applying for under-represented school :)

In some regards, I feel privileged to be at an under-represented school. Just for University benefits. :)

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2010, 03:12:59 am »
Hold on... oh now I'm confused.
I've had very disrupted schooling since prep (probably the after effects of the chemotherapy - my immune system has been crapped), and missed most of grade 1 due to problems like frequent asthma, SVT episodes and pneumonia. I was absolutely fine and in great health from year 5 - 10.

In year 11, I got GBS (Guillain Barre Syndrome), and was off school for a long while. I returned in 2008 and was fine.

In June this year (on the day of the GAT actually), I was admitted to hospital with viral meningitis. I missed a few weeks of school. I'm still recovering.

What the do I apply for? I've written my impact statement, but can I apply for special consideration AND SEAS? Can I claim illness as different circumstances yeah? God I wish our VCE coordinator wasn't away this week and next week.

ha i know im bringing back a thread from necromancy which probably shouldn't be, i was searching for something else and then spot this post...... but i was curious to know if anyone knows what happened to jess3254? her situation seems really like hell... hope she's alright oO and not just dissapeared because of something bad...
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just