Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 06, 2024, 05:26:38 am

Author Topic: Tempestuously cruising through the HSC  (Read 74823 times)

Lumenoria

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +85
Re: Tempestuously cruising through the HSC
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2018, 10:54:25 pm »
My god am I salty at the school rn. It was bad enough having the first part of my eco assessment on the same day as English Advanced, now I have fucking maths the day after and then the other half of eco the day after that. Actually fuck my life. I'm so behind it's not even funny lol - thankgod it's only 2 chapters of content. UGHH
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2018, 02:31:57 pm »
Omfg. I'm so stressed right now, my Hamlet essay draft for English Advanced is due on Tuesday and for some reason I cannot write beyond the 1st body para. I keep overthinking my arguments and nothing is working. It just feels so much harder than other English essays fml.
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #182 on: June 11, 2018, 09:36:07 pm »
+1
My legal exam is tomorrow, and I'm worried that I'm not going to finish my essay in time. I've written practice essays to basically every possible question - I did about 6 today - so I think I'm fine in that regard. I timed myself, and I usually finish just on the 45 minute mark which is not reassuring at all. I spent about 9 hours today oscillating between my English essay and legal, and I did a bit of maths - but it's so fucking frustrating. I keep getting stuff wrong because I'm careless in putting numbers into the calc or something ugh. I've been so angry and frustrated at myself about my Mod B essay though - I feel like it's so horrendous in comparison to any other essay I've done. And even though it's supposed to be a personal response, I feel like my interpretation is so unorthodox that it might end up compromising my marks. I'm literally scared to send my draft to my teacher because I'm 99% sure she's going to roast it HAHAHAHA. I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail this English assessment but I've lowkey already accepted my fate hahahahah

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2018, 08:42:53 am »
My legal exam is tomorrow, and I'm worried that I'm not going to finish my essay in time. I've written practice essays to basically every possible question - I did about 6 today - so I think I'm fine in that regard. I timed myself, and I usually finish just on the 45 minute mark which is not reassuring at all. I spent about 9 hours today oscillating between my English essay and legal, and I did a bit of maths - but it's so fucking frustrating. I keep getting stuff wrong because I'm careless in putting numbers into the calc or something ugh. I've been so angry and frustrated at myself about my Mod B essay though - I feel like it's so horrendous in comparison to any other essay I've done. And even though it's supposed to be a personal response, I feel like my interpretation is so unorthodox that it might end up compromising my marks. I'm literally scared to send my draft to my teacher because I'm 99% sure she's going to roast it HAHAHAHA. I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail this English assessment but I've lowkey already accepted my fate hahahahah

Omg actually me! I have my legal exam on Thursday and might actually just jump out the window. It doesn't seem that hard in theory but just memorising the different essays is a nightmare! English I literally can't even talk about it. I have my Mod A exam in 2 ish weeks and haven't even though about writing the practice essay yet and I literally have such an inconvenient exam slapped in the middle of legal and english.

This assessment period is so intense ahhhhh
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2018, 01:26:35 pm »

Omg actually me! I have my legal exam on Thursday and might actually just jump out the window. It doesn't seem that hard in theory but just memorising the different essays is a nightmare! English I literally can't even talk about it. I have my Mod A exam in 2 ish weeks and haven't even though about writing the practice essay yet and I literally have such an inconvenient exam slapped in the middle of legal and english.

This assessment period is so intense ahhhhh

Omg I know, good luck!! Our question was: "To what extent do legal and non legal measures resolve global and regional situations that threaten peace and security". It was fine because I did several practice essays involving to "what extent do legal and non legal blablablah" but that last bit was so freaking long! I felt like I was wasting so much time just linking to the fucking the question lmao. Memorising is the actual worst so I don't even bother memorising my essays, I just do heaps of practice essays to the possible questions and hope for the best on the day hahaha! I have a bank of ideas and oscillate between them depending on the question given on the day - I feel like it gives you much more freedom idk hahaha. What texts are you doing for Mod A? Legit my English is the actual worst because we have to listen to some random ass soliloquy in the play and write a whole essay about it, like kill m now honestly. Dude, I feel you. My Mod B assessment is next Monday and Economics is on that day PLUS Wednesday (theres 2 parts to it) and of course maths just had to be smacked in the Tuesday in between!

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #185 on: June 12, 2018, 05:39:26 pm »
Omg I know, good luck!! Our question was: "To what extent do legal and non legal measures resolve global and regional situations that threaten peace and security". It was fine because I did several practice essays involving to "what extent do legal and non legal blablablah" but that last bit was so freaking long! I felt like I was wasting so much time just linking to the fucking the question lmao. Memorising is the actual worst so I don't even bother memorising my essays, I just do heaps of practice essays to the possible questions and hope for the best on the day hahaha! I have a bank of ideas and oscillate between them depending on the question given on the day - I feel like it gives you much more freedom idk hahaha. What texts are you doing for Mod A? Legit my English is the actual worst because we have to listen to some random ass soliloquy in the play and write a whole essay about it, like kill m now honestly. Dude, I feel you. My Mod B assessment is next Monday and Economics is on that day PLUS Wednesday (theres 2 parts to it) and of course maths just had to be smacked in the Tuesday in between!

Thanks so much, I bet you did amazing as well!! I'm only memorising it in this case because she gave two questions that its gonna be exactly be and then she's just gonna pick one randomly on the day and we have to write it. Usually I just do essay plans for legal and memorise those. I did that for crime and world order and I got alright marks.

I'm doing Richard/LFR for Mod A. Howe about you. I legit don't really get it at all so writing an essay on it should be interesting. I feel like I'm definitely more focused on excelling in my humanities (especially business since my internal is 99 atm) but I should probably get my shit together for english lmao.

Ooft 4 tasks in 3 days, thats rough. In saying that, my trials timetable is definitely rough for the first week so I may as well cry now. We also still have to endure Paper 1, Paper 2 then Legal for the actual HSC so I'm praying for our sanity right now!
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2018, 06:35:36 pm »

Thanks so much, I bet you did amazing as well!! I'm only memorising it in this case because she gave two questions that its gonna be exactly be and then she's just gonna pick one randomly on the day and we have to write it. Usually I just do essay plans for legal and memorise those. I did that for crime and world order and I got alright marks.

I'm doing Richard/LFR for Mod A. Howe about you. I legit don't really get it at all so writing an essay on it should be interesting. I feel like I'm definitely more focused on excelling in my humanities (especially business since my internal is 99 atm) but I should probably get my shit together for english lmao.

Ooft 4 tasks in 3 days, thats rough. In saying that, my trials timetable is definitely rough for the first week so I may as well cry now. We also still have to endure Paper 1, Paper 2 then Legal for the actual HSC so I'm praying for our sanity right now!

Aw I'm doing 1984/Metropolis hahah. Omg I'm doing Hamlet for Mod B rn and I literally don't get it at all either. Like, I do, but it's kinda confusing so I'm prepared to get roasted by my teacher when I get my essay draft back hahahhaa. Dude that's legit me too hahaha, I'm neglecting multimedia because, as arrogant as this sounds, my class is full of dropkicks so I'm able to maintain my first rank legit without even trying HAHAHAHAH. I had a friend who got 95+ for all her subs except bio, which she got 72 in, but she still ended up getting an ATAR of 97.45, so there's hope!! Whereas for other subjects, this is not the case. Holy shit that's insane! My friend's on 99 for legal and she doesn't want to drop a mark so she's been aiming for 100% on every exam lol! Omg what dates are your exams for trials? I really want my trials timetable but we're not getting it till the end of term unfortunately ;(

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #187 on: June 12, 2018, 06:47:05 pm »

Aw I'm doing 1984/Metropolis hahah. Omg I'm doing Hamlet for Mod B rn and I literally don't get it at all either. Like, I do, but it's kinda confusing so I'm prepared to get roasted by my teacher when I get my essay draft back hahahhaa. Dude that's legit me too hahaha, I'm neglecting multimedia because, as arrogant as this sounds, my class is full of dropkicks so I'm able to maintain my first rank legit without even trying HAHAHAHAH. I had a friend who got 95+ for all her subs except bio, which she got 72 in, but she still ended up getting an ATAR of 97.45, so there's hope!! Whereas for other subjects, this is not the case. Holy shit that's insane! My friend's on 99 for legal and she doesn't want to drop a mark so she's been aiming for 100% on every exam lol! Omg what dates are your exams for trials? I really want my trials timetable but we're not getting it till the end of term unfortunately ;(

Well apparently you can get 99+ still without a band 6 in English. I asked on the forum yesterday and apparently one guy said his friend got band 6's in everything and an 84 in adv english and still came out with a 99.6 I think. I am literally relying on hope like this so I can pull something decent!

I think my school is using the CSSA trial timetable, so maybe yours is as well!

Heres the link for it: https://www.cssa.com.au/downloads/lkjied32h2/Timetable

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
Tempestuously cruising through the HSC
« Reply #188 on: June 12, 2018, 08:24:20 pm »
Well apparently you can get 99+ still without a band 6 in English. I asked on the forum yesterday and apparently one guy said his friend got band 6's in everything and an 84 in adv english and still came out with a 99.6 I think. I am literally relying on hope like this so I can pull something decent!

I think my school is using the CSSA trial timetable, so maybe yours is as well!

Heres the link for it: https://www.cssa.com.au/downloads/lkjied32h2/Timetable

Omg that's insane, but I reckon you can do it hahahah ;D You're legit acing your humanities! I would love a 99 but that's basically impossible for me because Multimedia pulls my ATAR down so hard, it legit scales down even if you get 100 - it's so annoying. I have to get high 90s for everything to even scrape a 97-98, so I'm hoping to get 95 ish for English Advanced hahahaha. I reckon maths will be the equivalent of English for you, for me. I'm doing well, but I legit don't even incorporate it into my study regimen because I hate it that much hahah

Oh god I hope not - I'd literally have English, then Legal and Multi on the same day after that, then maths after that, then eco on the last day! Omg that's actually horrible hahaah, but my school isn't catholic so I doubt that is the case. I think we create our trial papers or do the Independent ones!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:27:37 pm by Lumenoria »

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #189 on: June 12, 2018, 10:25:36 pm »
Omg that's insane, but I reckon you can do it hahahah ;D You're legit acing your humanities! I would love a 99 but that's basically impossible for me because Multimedia pulls my ATAR down so hard, it legit scales down even if you get 100 - it's so annoying. I have to get high 90s for everything to even scrape a 97-98, so I'm hoping to get 95 ish for English Advanced hahahaha. I reckon maths will be the equivalent of English for you, for me. I'm doing well, but I legit don't even incorporate it into my study regimen because I hate it that much hahah

Oh god I hope not - I'd literally have English, then Legal and Multi on the same day after that, then maths after that, then eco on the last day! Omg that's actually horrible hahaah, but my school isn't catholic so I doubt that is the case. I think we create our trial papers or do the Independent ones!

I'm literally smashed I have English on the Mon/Tues, Legal on the Wed, Maths on the Thurs, have the weekend then SOR on the Mon, Business on Tuesday then break till the last week for Eco. I might just cry right now

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2018, 08:27:40 pm »
I'm literally smashed I have English on the Mon/Tues, Legal on the Wed, Maths on the Thurs, have the weekend then SOR on the Mon, Business on Tuesday then break till the last week for Eco. I might just cry right now

Yeah it's horrible - praying for you! How unlucky that it's all crammed in the beginning, with eco at the very end - the least they could've done is spread them apart a tad in that massive gap haha! It's kinda similar to the actual HSC timetable though. Good luck for legal tomorrow btw, you'll smash it for sure! x

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2018, 08:37:17 pm »
+1
Hey everyone!

My legal exam yesterday went well - the question was a tad long but I prepared for it so I think it should be okay. I did change up my response a tad due to the nature of the question and didn't have any time remaining to read over my essay, so I am slightly worried about the clarity of my expression in some parts ahh. I'm trying to look forward, though.

In saying that, I've had my mind fixated on English for the past 2-3 days. I'm worried my teacher isn't going to get my draft back on time - although it is partially my fault for handing it in so late - but she's usually good with responding, so I'm trying to reassure myself with that fact. However, even if my draft is good, the excerpt that we're presented on the day could be anything in Hamlet. So, I've been writing practice essay paragraphs on the most prominent ones for the past few hours, which has made me feel slightly more confident. Nevertheless, I'm resigned myself to the fact that it can either go really good or really bad.

For maths, I've been doing a few questions here and there everyday, which is definitely not enough. Certainly, there is only so much that they can examine us on, but I'm undermining the difficulty of the test more than is ideal - which I've done for the past 2 assessments and gotten away with by sheer luck, but is not a habit I'd like to retain coming forward to trials and the like. I'm going to start waking up even earlier than I have been, to squeeze in some more maths exercises, because probability trumps me quite often lol.

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
Tempestuously cruising through the HSC
« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2018, 12:31:17 am »
+3
Today was a horrendous day, albeit some good parts. Left the home in tears to escape a domestic dispute today for school, and it permeated my entire being for the remainder of the day. I was already dead inside from exams next week, needless to say, this.

I woke up really early to send in a second draft for my English Advanced assessment on Monday to my teacher, but she didn't even get around to it today!! It's seriously stressing me out because I don't know if my refinements have made it better or worse. She said she'd take a look tomorrow morning, so I'm praying to god she gives me some feedback then. I'm going to write an organic response to the stimulus at hand on the exam day, but I just need to reassurance that my arguments are heading in the right direction ughh.

There was some ancient history excursion today, so our legal class constituted of only 3 people. We did nothing - there was no point to it if the whole class was going to miss it, so we just had a good chat with my teacher about the most random things. From life after high school, ranting about teachers that give one sentence feedback, my experiences of the school mistakenly identifying me as an international student (lol) and the disparities between the two legal classes. It was kinda funny because word had gotten around that my legal teacher had a go at the other legal class for being dumbfounded at the question "Which countries are on the UNSC P5?", and she was explaining to us how she felt like a failure for yelling at them instead of reinforcing the knowledge. Although personally I think it was justified - we've been learning this shit for ages hahaha. Omg my friend asked her if she had started marking our world order assessment task yet and she said she's already halfway!! Then she proceeded to jokingly condemn me for not planning my responses, which I understand why but I had already done a gazillion practice essays at home so it would literally have been a waste of time tbh. It didn't even occur to me until literally just then that, that meant she had finished marking my essay and I didn't even ask how I went hahahaha. Not that I really want to know - but I reckon I definitely broke my streaks of getting 100s in my essays due to the fact that I wasn't able to proofread my response. However, when we were addressing the fact that the school keeps referring to me as an international student, my teacher was like "Have they seen your essays??!!", so I'm trying to reassure myself that this random assertion might potentially mean a good outcome lol. Just having that chill ass conversation was the highlight of my day tho

I was very efficient in terms of studying though - I got a lot of practice essay paragraphs done for English, and am planning to continue this arduous process over the weekend. I've legit been trying to exert my debilitating personal dilemmas into study hahahaha, but it doesn't seem to be working. I can't wait for next week to be over - mainly just Monday
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:33:47 am by Lumenoria »

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2018, 12:45:18 am »
+1
I just spent fucking 10 hours straight writing out practice responses and essay plans possible excerpts for my Mod B assessment. It's actually so mentally and physically exhausting. I'm getting paranoid because I've only gotten one draft looked at by my teacher, while other people have done 3-4. Ugh

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2018, 07:45:11 pm »
Omg my English Advanced assessment is tomorrow. It feels surreal. I've been doing practices to integrate possible "mystery soliloquies", but god my expression is so fucking clunky when I'm analysing them. Ugh this is so hard. I'm really hoping the soliloquy works out being the one I want hahaha